Percy Priest Questions

Coming to visit family in the area next week and dragging the boat down. Planning on putting in towards the south end of the lake, possibly Stewart Creek or Fate Sanders Marina. Any advice on a safe ramp and/or any fishing advice. Never seen the lake but my limited research shows that there are some good ones to be caught. Thanks!

It is a great lake, just be careful where you are running. Fate Sanders should be OK to park at.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

3. Member
    Fate Sanders is your best bet for a ramp, it is the one that most people use. Haven't fished it lately so no help there. But, be careful, and stay inside the buoys(no cutting corners). It will get you in trouble quick. The marina there has good food if you get hungry as well.
    '99 Cobra 201D
    Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke

4. Member
    Definitely pay attention to buoys. Majority of lake bottom is rock Make a mistake on running depth and stuff gets broke.

5. Member
    I’ve been catching crappie and strippers pretty good lately.Shoot me a PM and I’ll steer you in the right direction.

6. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Yeah that lake can go from 40 ft to a 2 foot solid rock bottom in an instant. Make sure you have a good map!
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

7. Member
    I'd put in at Fate Sanders or Long Hunter and stay above the main bridge that splits the upper & lower lake. Above the bridge the water is generally a shade more stained. Nothing's tricky if you have a good map card, and if you do I'd pay more attention to that than the buoys. We've been doing very well super shallow... < 5ft. The SM may have started to bed as last weekend I didn't catch as many good ones as I had been. Water temps were above 60 last weekend. It's been a good spring as evidenced by the weekend tournaments and #s of 18lb+ bags. I fished that tournament two weekends ago out of Long Hunter and there were at least 4 bags over 20lbs, sadly almost 18lbs didn't win us anything. As posted above, the crappie and hybrid bite is also good now (I hear) and we've caught a number of hybrid while bass fishing on a-rigs and jerkbaits. I'll be on Tims Ford tomorrow and Saturday, but if you want to DM me I can tell you what worked for me the past few weekends.