Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member

Xpress H-56 Yamaha 115

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by senkoboy View Post
    Do you think his headlights can be aimed properly ?

Most standard off the shelf lifts are not for rugged off road use. To gain that you gotta spend a bit more money.

I've always put 4 inch lifts on my trucks., U gain larger tire fitment a bit more ground clearance and I also think I get a better ride.

MPGs are effected by tires more than anything else. I'm not that far off of factory MPGs, heck most HD trucks come with 35s now.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by senkoboy View Post
    Whats wrong with that?
    Hi Mike.

5. Member
    Do lift kits also have a method to restore proper drive line angle's?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProVle View Post
    Some if not all of them do.
    Hi Mike.

7. Member
    Look at Bilstein in either the 5100 or 6112 series, don't waste $$ on spacers, and don't go over 2".

8. Member
    I bought a new Silverado a couple years ago and wanted the four wheel drive truck to look like a four wheel drive truck ( but not to redneck) so I searched for a 4" lift, digging into it I learned at that time BSM( I think thats the name) was the only brand that didn't void the factory drive train warranty. I think the lift installed was around $5000. I'm every pleased with the one I got, when I pull my boat the rear end stays level and it pulls good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Look at Bilstein in either the 5100 or 6112 series, don't waste $$ on spacers, and don't go over 2".
    Bilstein 5100’s helped the ride on my leveled 2001 F250.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Bilstein 5100’s helped the ride on my leveled 2001 F250.
    I've got the 6112 set at 1.9" on the front of my Tundra, the rear is stock height but I changed the shocks to the remote reservoir 5160.

20230921_173520.jpg

11. Member
    IMO lifted trucks ride like crap or at least all the ones I have rode in. Have you thought about just a little bit of offset and a larger tire. You should be able to get at least one size bigger without a lift. The taller side wall will improve ride quality.

Thats the route I went and I like it.

12. Member
    So ya gona redneck the grocery getter. Go ahead a get the glass pack muffers (cherry bombs). Asphalt cowboy see them all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ProVle View Post
    Generally not necessary. Drivelines have a large angle operating range. Unless you are getting stupid and doing 8"+ lifts the angle change is insignificant. There is little you can do to "right" a driveline angle besides add caster and that only really applies to solid front axles. In most cases the only thing that might need to be done is an extension, but again only relevant to solid front axles. IFS with the non moving front carrier is static. No different than a tractor PTO, it can operate at various lift stages on the 3 point.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    I've got the 6112 set at 1.9" on the front of my Tundra, the rear is stock height but I changed the shocks to the remote reservoir 5160.

20230921_173520.jpg
    Good Looking rig

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    I can speak from experience resale is not lost when lifting a truck, prolly increases it. Why i have done it to all my trucks. its not for everyone true, but you don't loose money after adding it.
    I’d give you a $1000 more if took that crap off. Lol

16. Member
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

17. Member
    Nothing I own or owned is stock, but spend the money on a quality kit and components as well as tires. You may end up hating it otherwise.

My old truck was a F350 crewcab on 38s, 8" Deaver springs, Bilsteins and Toyo tires, rode great and was very peaceful at highway speeds.

My excursion is on 4" BDS springs and Fox shocks. With Cooper SST pros..I hated it. The tires were so loud I couldn't use my phone. I had to change the tires, went with Nitto's and its great again.

My new truck is leveled, I bought it used, 2019 F350 dually. It rides great, the previous owner went cheap on the tires, excessive on the 22" wheels and there were louder than the Coopers on the Excursion. I just put on Bilsteins, 20" Fuel wheels with Nitto Ridge Grapplers, now the ride quality matches the trucks luxury features.

18. Member
    Bilstein 5100 at 50,000 miles. Changed nothing. Rides the same as the stock.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123