Rubber vs Silicone Skirts

Curious about trying rubber skirt. Have only used silicone. Are there advantages to rubber?

Springier action.

Less colors, gumming up, rot away, harder to work with are a few negatives. I have tied miles and miles of it.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    I prefer rubber over silicone. It has lots more action.

4. Member
    Rubber definitely has more action but color selection is pretty much limited to the basic colors

I like rubber, but like mentioned above it gets to be difficult storing them because they melt/rot away over time. There are fewer colors to work with too, but you can tie a hybrid skirt with rubber and silicone for color purposes too.

I store my rubber jigs in small bags that I get a hobby lobby. Some sprinkle corn starch over rubber to keep it supple longer.

Rubber floats higher than silicone which is why it has more action. Flat rubber vs round rubber there are differences too. There are also different thicknesses to play with as well.

6. Member
    I mix rubber and silicone quite a bit. I think rubber makes for better finesse cut skirts.