Thread: Ozark vacation.

BBC SPONSOR

Ozark vacation.

My family is looking for a vacation rental. I'm bringing my boat, so parking and lake access close is a plus. We need room for around 6 adults and 2 teenage kids. Thank you for any suggestions.

Call Bill Morgan at Robins Resort. 4935 Robins Cir, Osage Beach, MO 65065 · (573) 348-2275
    Jim House

Favorite Rods Pro Staff
    JH Flippin' Jigs

3. Member
    Check Point Randall. They have 2 houses they rent along with options at the resort. Also check Buddy Harbor. They have some condo and probably the easiest ramp at the lake, restaurant, bar. These 2 are at the 1mm.

4. Member
    I would also recommend Point Randall. Nice place and great people running it

5. Member
    Lone Oak Point is nice and Shawnee Bend Public access is right next to it.
    Michael J. Koenig

6. Member
    Are you coming to Lake of the Ozarks, or just Ozarks in general?

Big boat traffic is starting to pick up, and LOZ is a hell hole when it does.

Pomme de Terre, Stockton, Truman, Bull Shoals are all good alternates unless your group needs the tourist attractions at LOZ. Table Rock is a little better, but not much.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by MCIPinkie View Post
    Are you coming to Lake of the Ozarks, or just Ozarks in general?

Big boat traffic is starting to pick up, and LOZ is a hell hole when it does.

Pomme de Terre, Stockton, Truman, Bull Shoals are all good alternates unless your group needs the tourist attractions at LOZ. Table Rock is a little better, but not much.
    We are going to lake of the Ozarks. I've heard boat traffic can get bad. We was planing on arriving on a Sunday and leave on a Friday. I intentionally picked that time frame to not hit the weekend rush. Is it still supper bad through the week?

8. Member
    Boat traffic can still make fishing rough on the Lake of the Ozark, even during the week. If you are looking to get out on a summer weekday for any length of time, I would suggest looking above the Hurricane Deck Bridge (about the 35mm). There should be a lot of VRBO in the area. Truman is an alternative, however Truman has flooded timber. Pomme is a fun clear lake to fish (a 13 inch length limit) and has resorts on the water. Stockton is a lot of fun and a very clear lake. I do know of any resorts on the water on Stockton. The problem is the farther away from Osage Beach the less vacation activities.

I know there are a couple of VRBO in our subdivision with docks. I have a mailing address of Warsaw, MO and live on the Lake of the Ozarks. Truman is about 20 minutes away, Pomme 50 minutes, and Stockton about 75 minutes. Where we are I can get out anytime in the summer, however I do elect not to get out on the July 4th weekend. If you want information about Warsaw, send me a PM with your phone number and I can tell you the good and bad about the area.

9. Member
    Our club holds a week day tournament during the summer and you'll be fine Monday - Thursday. Do not get me wrong your still going to encounter some boat traffic but pretty minimal in comparison to the weekend. And we are at Point Randall for that week day tournament.
    Last edited by NattyLite; 04-05-2024 at 03:07 PM.

10. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by NattyLite View Post
    Our club holds a week day tournament during the summer and you'll be fine Monday - Thursday. Do not get me wrong your still going to encounter some boat traffic but pretty minimal in comparison to the weekend. And we are at Point Randall for that week day tournament.
    If it wasn't a club I'd possibly be interested in fishing it.
    Last edited by Buck456; 04-06-2024 at 06:23 PM.

11. BBC SPONSOR
    We picked out a Villa that looks to suit everyone. Thank you for all the replies. If there is any tips for fishing, that time of year would also be appreciated.