Anyone ever modify their Ghost

Some background here, I recently boat a used boat (2023 model year) that has an all Lowrance system.
    I am of the age where I must use a butt seat which is normally not a problem however the reach to the Lawrence Ghost power button when leaning on the seat is a stretch to the point where often times I think I have the button pressed but I do not.

So I thought that if I raised it that would help and the first thing I that came to mind was glueing a piece of firm foam on top of the button like an inch thick, that way I would be sure I was hitting the power button.
    AND since I was of that mindset I thought why not do this to the spot lock button which is not the easiest thing to reach either.

Has anyone done anything similar?
    Last edited by Kromer; 03-26-2024 at 01:22 PM.

2. Member
    My Mom used to say, "getting old isn't for sissies" I didn't understand all of that 10 years ago, but damn sure do now! LMFAO! I have a Ghost but haven't modified the buttons yet. Keep us posted if and when you do.

3. Member
    Perhaps instead of modifying the buttons, you could use a piece of 1" King Starboard or HDPE under the base of your Ghost foot pedestal to elevate the whole piece so it is physically higher so you can reach it easier? I'd assume this would be easier than trying to modify one or both buttons.
    Last edited by City17Banner; 03-28-2024 at 06:30 PM.
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

Quote Originally Posted by City17Banner View Post
    Perhaps instead of modifying the buttons, you could use a piece of 1" King Starboard or HDPE under the base of your Ghost foot pedestal to elevate the whole piece is physically higher so you can reach it easier? I'd assume this would be easier than trying to modify one or both buttons.
    That's what I was thinking.. Imagine how many time you will side swipe that raised foam button pusher with your foot. and would they survive and stay on in wind and waves, or towing
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team