Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

G Loomis Xpeditor

G Loomis changed their Xpeditor policy. You now have to pay full price on the rod you are expediting and they refund you the money minus the fee after they receive the broken rod. I can understand this on a first time customer but for the ones that have used expeditor several times and have a boatload of Loomis rods this is complete bs.

2. Member
    As long as they credit the refund as soon as they receive the broken rod, I don't see anything wrong with it.

3. Member
    This is probably a result of people abusing the program.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C0MRAD View Post
    If a rod doesn’t break the first few times it’d used (few being very generous), the chance that it’s a manufacturer defect is nears zero at an exponential rate
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

5. Member
    I'm afraid it's a sign of the times. Must protect against fraud and abuse at all times
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

6. Member
    I think its been that way for a long time. No big deal they always do the credit back so far as soon as they get the numbered section of the rod.

Ive cut my nrx and expedited up to the nrx + on some lately.

Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    If a rod doesn’t break the first few times it’d used (few being very generous), the chance that it’s a manufacturer defect is nears zero at an exponential rate
    The Xpeditor program isn't a warranty. It's a no questions asked program where you pay a fee and receive a new rod regardless how old it is or how it was broken.

I don’t know how you abuse the expeditor program, you either send in the broken rod or they charge you full price. Doesn’t matter how it’s damaged. They will warranty if it’s inspected and found defective. I just looked at the instructions on the site and can’t see anything that’s changed. I’ve expedited many rods over the years.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    I don’t know how you abuse the expeditor program, you either send in the broken rod or they charge you full price. Doesn’t matter how it’s damaged. They will warranty if it’s inspected and found defective. I just looked at the instructions on the site and can’t see anything that’s changed.

you dont send the rod you send the section of rod with the numbers on it

Quote Originally Posted by Mahomee View Post
    you dont send the rod you send the section of rod with the numbers on it
    I usually send the entire rod back in the tube the new one comes in. That’s the only way they can determine if it’s warranty.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    The Xpeditor program isn't a warranty. It's a no questions asked program where you pay a fee and receive a new rod regardless how old it is or how it was broken.
    Gotcha. Even then that sounds fair
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Quote Originally Posted by C0MRAD View Post

100%.

Call up, order rod, pay the fee with CC.

Cancel said CC and get a nice discounted rod. It’s a shame for us honest people who have been using Loomis for years. It was $50 when I started.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    The have regular warranty and the expiditor service. The expiditor service is a no questions asked warranty. It doesn’t matter how you break it. First time out or 4 years later doesn’t matter.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wareagle24 View Post
    Thats how I always understood it.
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

15. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahomee View Post
    I think its been that way for a long time. No big deal they always do the credit back so far as soon as they get the numbered section of the rod.

Ive cut my nrx and expedited up to the nrx + on some lately.
    This may be part of the problem...Cut an NRX to get an NRX +????

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    I usually send the entire rod back in the tube the new one comes in. That’s the only way they can determine if it’s warranty.
    If you're looking for a full warranty claim, yes, you have to send in the whole rod for inspection. If you're just using the expeditor program, you now just send in the section with the rod series and model #s on it. The part of paying in full and getting the credit back is new though, as I only had to pay the replacement fee as of November.

17. Member
    I have used the expeditor service on several occasions. I have also sent back two older rods (a Mosseyback and a NRX) for warranty claims due to the reel seat breaking or coming unglued. Never an issue with the expeditor or warranty with G Loomis.

I just submitted an NRX 822DSR and I was only charged $130 to replace. I just did this 4 days ago. Not sure where the up charge comes from. I was only charged the $130

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bass View Post
    I just submitted an NRX 822DSR and I was only charged $130 to replace. I just did this 4 days ago. Not sure where the up charge comes from. I was only charged the $130
    My experience in November as well, coincidentally on the same rod. Since they're not available anymore, they sent me the NRX+. Haven't used it yet, but just playing with it, I can already tell it's going to be different, and kinda missing the original already.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukhntr View Post
    This may be part of the problem...Cut an NRX to get an NRX +????
    Why would that be a problem. You send them the numbered part and pay the expeditor fee. Would you feel better if I said I broke all mine in frustration because I had 30 rods and they have made better ones now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast