Vessel view link, no RPM

1B071442 . Vessel view mobile (not link)

All other data is availble, Diacom shows no faults and RPM, bad unit maybe?
    Factoy analog tach is erratic and very false RPM with motor running, using the scan tool to drive the tach it is dead on accurate to the commands.
    Last edited by lpugh; 03-26-2024 at 11:15 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Leon, I'm sure the engine is running ... if it's running, it DOES have an RPM signal.

Where/how is the VVM connected? I've seen this type of problem with Can-P problems (unshielded can circuit, too many resistors on Can-P, damaged circuit, etc).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

No cable to front of boat, terminator lower left, vvm lower right in first picture.
    Notice the second pic. gray wire and brown/white spiral stripe wire connected to the diag port? Not connected to anything.

20240327_121627.jpg 20240327_110607 (1).jpg
    Last edited by lpugh; 03-27-2024 at 02:36 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I'd have to go back and dig up some bulletins but there was a connection for those two wires that related to RPM as I recall.

Also- it appears you have a DUST CAP instead of a Terminating Resitor (Resistor would be yellow, blue or red banded).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Note the yellow circle, bullet connects 2 gray wires?
    Customer got terminator from the A, no color markings, just noticed pin locations are different, I will find a mercury one for it.

20240327_121627.jpg
    Thank You Leon Pugh

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    The correct terminator (any of them) will have a 120 ohm resistor connecting between Can-P (blue wire and white wire).