Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Hopefully there will be some charges brought. I would think at that level of carelessness and recklessness and plenty of video footage to anchor a case to, up to and including their cavalier bragging about how they were going to make the no wake a no no wake zone on the way back in, there has to be some kind of legal ramification. If there isn't, there should be.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Booster View Post
    Steve (geturfishon) gives a good blow-by-blow review of the events and conversations that lead up to the crash. Don't hold back!
    Nothing like monetizing other people's stupidity for your own financial gain.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post
    Article stated "... suspended from all MLF tournaments for at least one year."

Regardless, seems waaay too light of a "punishment". Admittedly planning to break a rule that could easily have resulted in personal injury/loss of life... to me, that should have been a no-brainer permanent ban.
    It will be interesting to see if any of those involved file some sort of legal charges against Succi and/or Reed.

Have there been any charges levied by local law enforcement on one/both drivers?
    I read the "at least" also. My guess is they will get more if not a full lifetime ban but for now MLF lawyers said start with a year and let the investigation fully run it's course.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by vafishing View Post
    I read the "at least" also. My guess is they will get more if not a full lifetime ban but for now MLF lawyers said start with a year and let the investigation fully run its oncourse.

Don’t be surprised when the investigation is concluded with the fines and punishment are levied.

There isn’t a statement issued that based on the severity of their actions, their blatant disregard for the boating laws while endangering the lives of others the MLF bans them for more than a year. There is no hurry to throw down a long extended ban until the investigation is complete as there has already been at least year long ban enacted.

The State of Florida will likely issue a long extended ban of not being able to get a Florida Fishing License as result of their violations. That would make it easier from a legal standpoint to issue a longer ban by MLF or other Tournament Trails.

The MLF can only ban them from their events however based on the position of liability they have already put one tournament organization in. Do you think very many other tournament organizations are going to welcome these guys based on that financial risk?

Their Actions should make it extremely difficult and expensive for them to meet the Insurance Requirements for Tournaments. So be patient let the investigation continue their days of fishing tournaments might just be over.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Here is another thing to consider as there are states that reciprocate when the violations in one state created a suspension of their hunting or fishing privileges. So this may very well follow them out of Florida and lose privileges in other states.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inters...olator_Compact

6. Member
    As a co-angler I would like to hear BFL's announce in morning announcements to remind all anglers safety first especially the boaters. I do not go as a boater for a couple of reasons. but I may soon cease to fish them if boaters continue to beat my brains out because they do not know how to drive, and it is balls to the wall in 3 footers. There have been too many accidents and deaths of late.

7. Member
    How does a guy in a kayak, canoe or jonboat, fish those areas if it is normal for the bass boats to run like that?
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    How does a guy in a kayak, canoe or jonboat, fish those areas if it is normal for the bass boats to run like that?
    Very carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Buddy of mine just posted a video of a bass boat doing this to him and a canoe. Forward to the 1:35 mark.
    https://rumble.com/v4leuxt-boating-safely.html

10. Member
    The tournament organization wants the entry fees. If they wanted to keep this from happening it would ban them as an example and make a change to the rules which would be a lifetime ban. As was mentioned above, they both were talking about blowing through the no wake area. That’s enough to get them DQ’d. Maybe one of the coanglers will sue the tournament and then you might get some action.

11. Member
    I don't pretend to know what the correct consequence should be but in my mind it seems like the co anglers have some responsibility also. IDK.
    GETFISHED !!!

12. Member
    I wonder if all the folks calling for a lifetime ban would be saying the same if there hadn’t been an accident. I bet the story would change to they ran in a no wake so that’s a tournament dq and then because they ran it knowingly let’s give them the whole year to think about it. Provided these two had no prior infractions with the organization then I think the resulting decision was fair. And it’s up to local law enforcement to assess the whole situation and determine what, if any, charges should be filed.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbass201 View Post
    Buddy of mine just posted a video of a bass boat doing this to him and a canoe. Forward to the 1:35 mark.
    https://rumble.com/v4leuxt-boating-safely.html
    I see both sides of this but me personally I would rather the big boat pass by as quickly as possible so I could get back to normal fishing instead of waiting for them to creep by at no wake speed. If not a no wake zone and navigable water, a risk you knowingly take when out there. He did give him as wide a berth as possible it seemed.

Try fishing out on the main lake near the channel and see what you encounter from the big cabin cruisers.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    I see both sides of this but me personally I would rather the big boat pass by as quickly as possible so I could get back to normal fishing instead of waiting for them to creep by at no wake speed. If not a no wake zone and navigable water, a risk you knowingly take when out there. He did give him as wide a berth as possible it seemed.

Try fishing out on the main lake near the channel and see what you encounter from the big cabin cruisers.
    I agree with this, a Bass boat up on plane is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ProVle View Post
    I agree with this, a Bass boat up on plane is much better.
    I 3rd... Completey different situation than Apopka... Again unless it's a no wake zone then the quicker I go by you the better in a wide canal like shown in the bumble vid...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123