Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfish View Post
    It is nothing but a slap on the wrist, they will just go to another organization. I am pretty sure that I will never draw out as a co-angler again after seeing this kind of stuff. It is pretty obvious that these boat operators are egomaniacs with no common sense, add the allure of money and fame, and you have a disaster waiting to happen.
    After a very disturbing crazy ride as a Co-Angler on Clear Lake with Won Bass in the late nineties, I’ve never entered as a Co-Angler again with any organization. I will only crawl into my own boat and do all the driving.

I heard in one of the videos the boater that landed on top said he "put it in neutral and it just coasted on top". We all know when in neutral you stopping distance is alot longer. I also think 5 years would be more appropriate.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

3. Member
    Hope their insurance carriers are notified too.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

4. Member
    both boaters sitting at the lock discussed and decided to run the no wake on camera. This "canal" couldn't have been 15-20ft wide at most with turns. There was a railroad bridge that boater one got off plane to idle through and 2nd boater had a different idea.

Steve (geturfishon) gives a good blow-by-blow review of the events and conversations that lead up to the crash. Don't hold back!

2018 Nitro Z18 w/175 HP Merc ProXs
    16ft Monark - all Electric (70#bow, 2x45# stern)

6. Member
    I'm sorry to the victims for both boaters stupidity and glad the injuries wern't more severe....but it should have been a MINIMUM 5 years if not lifetime.
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

7. Member
    Reading... "Succi and Reed have been suspended from all MLF tournaments for at least one year."

Quote Originally Posted by bayouXpress View Post
    both boaters sitting at the lock discussed and decided to run the no wake on camera. This "canal" couldn't have been 15-20ft wide at most with turns. There was a railroad bridge that boater one got off plane to idle through and 2nd boater had a different idea.
    15-20 feet? You're joking right?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    15-20 feet? You're joking right?
    Been there plenty of times....including the days of NO no wake zones......the canal averages about 40-50' feet wide but there are several spots were it narrows down considerably (20-25'). Another concern I always had was how popular of a spot this canal is with local pan-fishermen - I have seen 20 boats in there on a windy day.
    “It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. “ – Mark Twain

There is still a video most have not seen from the co-angler in the boat that got run over

It shows them running the no wake zone and just before the bridge he put the phone down and you hear them come off plane and seconds later you hear the other boat run them over

next thing you see is the co angler crawling out from under the other boat

Go to this facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/PaybackBass

and under the photo click comments and look for this video

videomlf.jpg
    "The handicapped angler"

11. Member
    once again with the light punishment the tournament directors will not do anything to affect their pocketbook for long.

12. Member
    This concerns me most about fishing as a co. Drawing someone who doesn't know how to drive a boat blasting off in mornings or hitting waves wide open. I'm still doing it but don't know how long.

slap on the wrist, hope they don't kill somebody someday!
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

14. Member
    I haven't fished as a coangler since the 1990's and I don't plan on ever doing it again. 20 foot bass boats with 250 hp are powerful machines that can and will kill you if you are not careful.

15. Member
    One, I commend the guys chiming in saying the punishment was too lenient, which it was. Should have been a lifetime ban. We need to weed out the bad apples that give the sport a bad name. The idiot (Succi) in the trailing boat could have easily injured, maimed, or done worse to the guys he ran over. Two, even though there's guys out there with similar attitudes (IDGAF) driving their boats, I believe the majority do in fact pilot responsibly. Three, the weren't just running through the no wake, they were pretty much WOT. It's one thing to run say, 20-30MPH. It's another to run WOT through that canal. I really hope that, especially Succi, gets blackballed from any and all local tournaments. That idiot will definitely not change his attitude and it's only a matter of time before he breaks the law again. Or seriously injures someone on the water.

16. Member
    The driver in the trailing boat just sits there the whole time. I wonder if he was in shock.
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

17. Member
    Way too short...............

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bayouXpress View Post
    Since they agreed to run the no wake zone, why did the first boater throttle down ? I could see the trailing boater being pissed off. If they were both running high speed, why not leave a big enough gap to handle this situation. Couldn't cost more than 10 seconds.

19. Member
    BS ban! Nothing will be learned from that petty punishment.Hope the cos sue the Organization and boaters.

20. Member
    MLF hasn't posted anything on their website or made an announcement about it. Wonder why.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast