Mega 360 replacement shaft needed

On a trip to a timber filled lake a couple weeks ago I got lucky and found a limb I could see and it knocked the transducer off the end of the shaft. It was still working and I didn’t notice it until I lifted the troller to move. What I noticed when I looked it over is the 2 screws on the sides of the transducer where it bolts to the teardrop shaped mount on the shaft had broken a little off the bottom of the mount below the screw holes. The transducer still works fine and is not damaged anywhere. There is enough of the mount piece left so I put it back on, tightened the screws up and it was tight and couldn’t be pulled off by hand. I put some silicone on it where the parts meet just for a little help to keep it staying put and it’s been fine but I would like to replace the shaft and plastic mount part. I added a pic of my broken part.

I called HB asking to buy the part and they emailed me back saying I has to be sent in for repair and will cost $352 + tax and shipping and me pay shipping to get it there. I am going to call them again tomorrow to ask about buying the shaft so I can fix it myself. It’s a vey easy fix, it will take longer to remove it from the boat than it will take to replace the shaft. Has anyone had any luck buying a replacement shaft direct from HB or from a dealer? If I can’t get any help from them on selling me just the shaft then I guess I better get to learning how to use a 3d scanner and start making a better mount. I’m sure I’m not the first or last that this has happened too.

IMG_9443.jpeg

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I think the shaft is the same as some of the Minn Kota Trolling Motor shafts and there are companies that sell those. They are even threaded on one end.

I'm not sure how the power and transducer cables attach to the pod, but that could be the hard part.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    If you just want to glue it back together, permanently.

Marine Tex would do it. That stuff is legit, I have used it to fill holes and drilled and tapped them.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    I think the shaft is the same as some of the Minn Kota Trolling Motor shafts and there are companies that sell those. They are even threaded on one end.

I'm not sure how the power and transducer cables attach to the pod, but that could be the hard part.
    I didn’t think or look at the transducer cable end that goes to the head unit, it may be bigger than the shaft ID, that would be a problem. I just assumed it and the power lead would pull back thru the shaft and fed back thru a new one. Guess they didn’t design it that way just for that reason, so it has to be sent it for any repair. That stinks.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahomee View Post
    If you just want to glue it back together, permanently.

Marine Tex would do it. That stuff is legit, I have used it to fill holes and drilled and tapped them.
    after me not thinking or looking at the end of the cable at the transducer plug it looks like I will just have to do a permanent glue/expoy fix to it. I’ve used marine Tex for years myself, especially working on motorcycles and other motor parts. That stuff is great and so solid that it will cause other parts to break before it lets go. Thanks for the reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    I didn’t think or look at the transducer cable end that goes to the head unit, it may be bigger than the shaft ID, that would be a problem. I just assumed it and the power lead would pull back thru the shaft and fed back thru a new one. Guess they didn’t design it that way just for that reason, so it has to be sent it for any repair. That stinks.
    It is the same shaft and shaft pointer as the AS 360. The difference is the communication connection. It used to be Ethernet (could change the shaft) and now it is the size of the SOLIX/APEX transducer connection (14-pin).

360 shaft and trolling motor shaft

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    after me not thinking or looking at the end of the cable at the transducer plug it looks like I will just have to do a permanent glue/expoy fix to it. I’ve used marine Tex for years myself, especially working on motorcycles and other motor parts. That stuff is great and so solid that it will cause other parts to break before it lets go. Thanks for the reminder.

No sweat its good stuff. They have black available. I found it on amazon I think.