Tracker Lithium Battery Warranty Replacement

For those that had Tracker Lithium batteries replaced, was anyone able to get them replaced through Cabelas or did you have to go through your dealer? I have a bad battery and bought my boat from a dealer several states away, so was wondering what my options were.

2. Member
    call dixie marine ? they stock them
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    Knox Marine is close to me. I just wasn't sure if I had to go through my purchasing dealer or not. I stopped by my local Cabela's and they didn't know much about the warranty and said to call my dealer since I didn't have a receipt for the battery purchase, just the boat. I'll make some calls tomorrow, but was hoping someone had luck with just exchanging at Cabela's or BPS.

4. Member
    I’m pretty sure Knox will exchange. Someone I know had one of his BPS lithiums replaced by them.

5. Member
    I had the same issue. Tried getting it replaced at a BPS store, but they have to go through white river marine group. It was replaced, but more of a pain in the ass than it should have been. They had the battery on the shelf in the store, but couldn't replace the bad battery like that.

6. Member
    FYI, those Gen 1 Tracker Lithiums are a real issue and I've seen many that have gone bad. The new Gen 2 models that are being used have a much better reputation.
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

How does 1 tell the difference between a Gen1 and Gen2?

8. Member

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreydavisjr View Post
    FYI, those Gen 1 Tracker Lithiums are a real issue and I've seen many that have gone bad. The new Gen 2 models that are being used have a much better reputation.
    Yep - I had an issue with a Gen1 100AH which was only a few years old, from a used boat I bought last summer, and I took it to the local BPS to ask about a replacement.

They no longer have the Gen1 batteries (obviously), and couldn’t issue a warranty replacement since I was the second owner and they didn’t have a direct swap.

I ended up buying three new Gen2 100AH replacements and swapped out the other two good Gen1s. So far so good, and I know that I now have the full warranty to rely on.

10. Member
    It’s hard to sell lithium batteries secondhand, because no matter the age there’s no warranty to the second owner
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools