Flip Transducer Mounting Bracket 180 Degrres - OK?

Lowrance HDS Live 9 with 3 in 1 AI Transducer.
    '23 Tracker Pro Guide V16SC

I want to use the current two mounting holes from previous Lowrance Skimmer Bullet transducer. NEW boat and I want to avoid drilling additional holes in transom if I can avoid it.

Removed the transducer that came with boat when new. Being it a very small transducer, the holes are 1"-1.5" from hull bottom.

In order for the new AI transducer to sit flush or slightly below hull bottom, I would need to flip mounting bracket 180 degrees (upside down) from its intended orientation. This is NOT the long stainless bracket that transducer body attaches to....it the small bracket that screws to hull and then long bracket attaches to it. In this flipped orientation, it still allows cable to clear and gives me the needed height in relation to hull bottom.

Plan is to mount bottom of transducer 1/2" below hull bottom.

I am assuming the two holes on sides of wings are for transducer height options, correct?
    I tried raising transducer to top hole in standard oeientation, but wings would be just slightly below hull bottom, hence the flip.

Are there are issues with doing this?

BTW...Lowrance has been of very little use....email for ALL questions and 24-48hrs to get an answer.....then next questions another 24-48 hrs. No longer accepting phone calls...ALL communication is via email. I sent my number but no call back. They still have not answered my question about flipping...

Thanks!

Pics attached....
    With wings pointing DOWN is per install instructions (Pic 2)
    With wings pointing UP it has been flipped...what I am proposing (Pic 1)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SoCalAngler; 03-25-2024 at 05:35 PM.
    '23 Tracker Pro Guide V16SC; Mercury 60hp 4 Stroke; Lowrance HDS Live 9; Late '23 Terrova 24/80/60

2. Member
    Be sure to read the manual and mount that bracket correctly. Sonar has trouble reading at speed due to cavitation created by the aluminum hulls, rivets and chines.Run the water watching the MAPPING and be aware under water obstacles on the MAPPING will show dangerous under water before you hit it. With Sonar it's too late.

3. Member
    I understand.... it does not matter if you have FF/mapping or not...when you hit something no FF/Mapping can prevent that!
    '23 Tracker Pro Guide V16SC; Mercury 60hp 4 Stroke; Lowrance HDS Live 9; Late '23 Terrova 24/80/60

4. Member
    I don't see how that will affect transducer operation.

Should be fine. Let us know how it turns out.

6. Member
    why not install a transducer board that way if you need to adjust the transducer or change transducers later on you are no putting additional holes in the transom?

7. Member
    I want to try this as I can use the existing holes from previous sounder. If it does not work out and I am unable to adjust given the bracket adjustments, I can always add a stern saver.