I need a New Axle?

Last week I got to the ramp about an hour from my house and realized I was running on three tires. Apparently one of my vault hubs disintegrated, taking out my brake system, and leaving my spindle destroyed. I took it to a trailer repair place, who claimed I need a complete new axle. Can’t they just replace the spindle and brake assembly?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    is the spindle a bolt on? torsion axle? should be able to if so
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    Did the same thing a few years ago luckily made it home before the wheel fell off. Whole new axel was the answer, unfortunately the only place you can get them is through marine master. Call them give them your serial number and they can set you up but get ready they’re proud of them. I want to say shipping alone was $500 since they come freight. Pretty simple instal it comes with the bearings packed literally ready to bolt the leaf springs on.

4. Member
    what brand boat and trailer ?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    My last axle, I bought from a trailer shop called TexTrail. Maybe you have one close to you? They were easy to deal with, and if I remember right, a bare axle was around the $300 range.
    '99 Cobra 201D
    Merc 250 Pro Xs 4 stroke

6. Member
    If it is a torsion axle then no.. Its a bolted on and you can change them for about $300 and about an hour.

https://pacifictrailers.com/products...-lug-hub-43038

with brakes

https://pacifictrailers.com/products...-and-vault-hls
    Last edited by bgibson; 03-26-2024 at 08:31 PM.

7. Member
    You can get a new 3500lb, square tube, ported axle at any trailer shop. It doesn’t have to be a dexter/ ufp axle ….just needs to be ported correctly for the ported spindle sleeve.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by starkcontrast View Post
    Last week I got to the ramp about an hour from my house and realized I was running on three tires. Apparently one of my vault hubs disintegrated, taking out my brake system, and leaving my spindle destroyed. I took it to a trailer repair place, who claimed I need a complete new axle. Can’t they just replace the spindle and brake assembly?
    Same thing happened to me last year. I called Dexter and they sent me a new axle. It was fairly easy to install. My trailer was only 5 yrs old and I already rebuilt 3 vault hubs but this hub caught me off guard.