New seats for tr196

I have a 2005 tr-196 and not sure if I should recover which would cost around $1000 or just buy new seats from bassboatseats.com. I was looking at the high back bucket seats which would run me about $600 for the pair. Anyone have experience with these seats on quality and how hard the installation process is. I will apologize in advance. I’m sure this has been asked before numerous times. I didn’t see any post on it so figured I would ask. Thanks.

For my 2000 TR20 I went with the Llbroc 204 seats. About 750 for seats, butt seat and folding back seat. They are a bit wider so I lost the middle seat. They are great
    ...Greg

3. Member
    Pm crank68…..ncboatguy.com. I spoke with Ted about my tr196 and he convinced me that I should have my oem seats recovered. He does boat & yacht restorations and knows his stuff. I will bring my seats to him when the time comes.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC

4. Member
    I bought new seats for a 2020 21 Triton and put them in my 02 TR19. Check around and see if you find any. The service manager of a local Triton dealer had a brand new set on marketplace for $750 and is how I got them.
    I would recover the originals before buying the Bassboatseats one. I have been in 2 Triton's with them and the are terrible in rough water.

Find someone else to recover. Should be able to find someone in the $600-$800 range
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

5. Member
    I had a local upholsterer recover my OEM seats. They turned out nice.

6. Member
    Look at Deans Top and Canvas website. They make the seats for the new Triton boats and will make you a set of them. Look under the partners section and choose Triton to see them..

https://deanstop.com/
    2005 Triton TR-186
    2024 Mercury Pro XS 150

Quote Originally Posted by Triton420 View Post
    I bought new seats for a 2020 21 Triton and put them in my 02 TR19. Check around and see if you find any. The service manager of a local Triton dealer had a brand new set on marketplace for $750 and is how I got them.
    I would recover the originals before buying the Bassboatseats one. I have been in 2 Triton's with them and the are terrible in rough water.

Find someone else to recover. Should be able to find someone in the $600-$800 range
    Good to know I will steer clear of those then. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrh_67 View Post
    Look at Deans Top and Canvas website. They make the seats for the new Triton boats and will make you a set of them. Look under the partners section and choose Triton to see them..

I will check them out. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by gkropat View Post
    For my 2000 TR20 I went with the Llbroc 204 seats. About 750 for seats, butt seat and folding back seat. They are a bit wider so I lost the middle seat. They are great
    I will look at these as well. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jrh_67 View Post

Ended up ordering from Deans. Thanks for the input. I will post some pics after I get them installed along with the new carpet.