Thread: Spark Plugs?

Spark Plugs?

Got a new to me boat with a 2004 Optimax 250xs, serial# 0T818269. I'm going to change spark plugs and called mercury for what plug I need and they told me NGK IZFR6J but the sticker on the motor says I need NGK PZFR6H. I see in the sticky section of here Don says 225-250 racing xs motors take the NGK IZFR6J as well but the sticker on the motor is causing me to hesitate. Any input would be nice.

Thanks

I would go by the sticky section here.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

3. Member
    IZFR6J is it your engine does not use the P= platinum plugs updated to I=iridium with new number
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    IZFR6J is it your engine does not use the P= platinum plugs updated to I=iridium with new number
    +1.... Many moons ago.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    +1.... Many moons ago.
    Thanks guys, appreciate it