Custom “Champion” Trailer

I’m the original owner of a 2004 Champion 198 Elite. The boat is still in prime condition but I’m in need of a new trailer. I’ve seen several on here talking about getting an adjustable style trailer as a replacement but I was more so interested in a custom “Champion” specific trailer. I was told Tennessee Trailer was an option but just got off the phone with Sandra and she said they no longer do anything for Champion because my 198 may not be like someone else’s 198 and therefore they can’t guarantee fit.

Who else should I consider? I live in Maryland and am not opposed to driving 10-12 hours (like Tennessee) - otherwise I guess the trailer would need to be shipped. My real problem is being somewhat close to a trailer manufacturer that would require me bringing my rig to get measured 1st. Trying to avoid that and hoping that someone already has CAD measurements.

Greatly appreciate feedback. — Thank You
    Rich
    Westminster, Maryland
    Champion 198 Elite DC / Yamaha VMax

2. Member
    Following your post as I am also looking for a trailer for my 198. I contacted EZ Loader in Arkansas and they will make a 198 trailer without having your boat present. It would be identical to the trailers under the new Charger 198s except it would say "Champion" on the fender steps instead of "Charger". My reservation? EXPENSIVE. They wanted $8k+ for a factory trailer. It is a channel trailer, has brakes, and is coated, however, that seems steep to me - even with inflation over the last few years. I also priced their aluminum trailers and it was $9k+ if I remember right. I haven't priced any other manufacturers yet, but I imagine they are going to be cheaper but with less features. I'm interested to see what others have to say. Althought they are extremely functional, I don't particularly like the look of the modular aluminum trailers.

3. Member
    I have a 08 Champion dual axle trailer that I will sell. PM me for details.

4. Member
    PM sent

5. Member
    trailers like everything else have gone up in price an when it goes up it takes time to go back down i stock new ez loader trailers for skeeters an a 206 champion model they are c channel road armour brakes on one axle swing toungue they start at 7k i sell quite a few of them.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmithboats View Post
    trailers like everything else have gone up in price an when it goes up it takes time to go back down i stock new ez loader trailers for skeeters an a 206 champion model they are c channel road armour brakes on one axle swing toungue they start at 7k i sell quite a few of them.
    Can you get 196 model trailers?

7. Member
    I tried to get EZ Loader to build me a trailer for 3 years since they have all the champion specs. They said they were only building for new boats (this is thru spring 2023). I also tried most of the names you see on here but they wouldn't do it without me driving my boat to them from Minnesota for measurements. Last spring, C&O marine said they work with a company who has most of the champion specs. I ordered one (Champion 221) and had it in three weeks. It is not aluminum like I wanted but it is steel channel covered head to toe with Tuff Coat. It fits perfect and looks beautiful. Jason Bragg at C&O is the contact.