HDS Live powering off

I had an issue on the water yesterday, where my HDS live was freezing, and restarting on its own. I know the new update is "supposed" to fix that. Today I go to update everything and I have one HDS Live unit that will turn on, flash the Lowrance logo, and then just shut off. I know its not the screen dark thing, I already tried that.

One time after power cycling the boat power, I got the HDS live unit to stay on and recognize the SD card to start the update. Once it started, the unit shut off automatically again, and failed the update.

I cannot for the life of me get the unit to get passed the initial Lowrance start up logo now. Is it possible to brick these units with a failed update? I am wondering if I have a paper weight now?
    2021 Triton 19 TRX Patriot with 225 ProXS
    (2) Power Pole Blades
    Ghost, Ghost 360, Active Target, HDS Live

2. Member
    What battery is in the boat? Could be the BMS cutting battery power.

3. Member
    That’s the way mine acts ice fishing when the voltage is low.

4. Member
    PAGES, SONAR, press the Power Button once and EDIT OVERLAY, ADD VOLTAGE, it is on the BOTTOM of the that menu, SAVE.

That will only be on THAT page.

Each page is independent. WATCH THE YOUTUBE VIDOES.
    Put on another boat or take it to local store like Bass Pro, CABELAS or Scheels and plug it into their system.
    Buy power cable and power it with a good battery.
    Last edited by kennybryan; 03-25-2024 at 03:41 PM.

5. Member
    It wont stay on....
    (2) Power Pole Blades

6. Member
    BMS means battery management system?
    (2) Power Pole Blades

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    What battery is in the boat? Could be the BMS cutting battery power.
    BMS?
    (2) Power Pole Blades

8. Member
    What about the battery charger?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InfantryMP View Post
    BMS?
    I have seen the BMS (battery management system) on a lithium start battery, turn off power and shut down graphs, due to an overcharging problem with the alternator/stator on an outboard motor. I fixed the problem with a new voltage regulator.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InfantryMP View Post
    I had an issue on the water yesterday, where my HDS live was freezing, and restarting on its own. I know the new update is "supposed" to fix that. Today I go to update everything and I have one HDS Live unit that will turn on, flash the Lowrance logo, and then just shut off. I know its not the screen dark thing, I already tried that.

One time after power cycling the boat power, I got the HDS live unit to stay on and recognize the SD card to start the update. Once it started, the unit shut off automatically again, and failed the update.

I cannot for the life of me get the unit to get passed the initial Lowrance start up logo now. Is it possible to brick these units with a failed update? I am wondering if I have a paper weight now?
    Not sure what software you referr to that would cause the unit to turn off. Your issue is typically related to poor power/ ground. If you have multiple units in your boat, you can swap them around to see if the issue follows the unit or not and work from there. If it follows the unit, remove alle memorycards and networkcables and do a hard reset. Test again with no cards or cables and see what happens.