Thread: Water in bilge

Water in bilge

I have a 2022 Pantera 2 and ever since I’ve own the boat. I take on a decent amount of water. I always have drain plug in tight. Doesn’t seem like I get that much backwash coming over the transom when I stop motoring. Today I used the bilge to make sure to pump out almost of the water. I left the bilge pump
    on auto. Then 30 mins later after using my TM fishing around the bilge came on a pump out water for at least 15-30sec.

So I’m a little confused on how it gets water in the hill. Any idea would be greatly appreciated!
    2022 BassCat Pantera II SP dual console
    200hp Mercury pro xs
    Dual Power pole Blades
    HB Helix 12” MSI+ G4N w/ Mega360
    Garmin Ultra 126sv w/ LVS34
    HB Helix 8” MSI+ GPS G4N
    HB Helix 8” MDI+ GPS G4N

Youtube.com/DitchPickler
    Instagram @DitchPickler

It could be a cracked housing, fitting, or even poor silicone seal.

Leave water in the bilge and see where it drains from while on the trailer at the ramp.

3. Member
    Great timing. I came here for answers to the very same thing. I was thinking of either leaving water in the bilge or filling the wells.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

That works also and you should be able to see that much water seeping in, or feel it flowing in around fittings.

5. Member
    My 2016 Puma always had water in the bilge and could never figure out how it got there. My 2022 Cougar stays bone dry. Every boat is a bit different.
    Last edited by printman71; 03-25-2024 at 07:55 PM.

6. Member
    I had this issue in 2017. Mine ended up being a cracked pump
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

Quote Originally Posted by Redngoo View Post
    I had this issue in 2017. Mine ended up being a cracked pump
    Same here, just replaced last week.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

8. Member
    I still need to fill the bilge up to see if any water leaks out. I did put water in the livewell while in the driveway to see if something is leaking. Didn’t notice anything leaking into the hull. But I did notice even if the livewell switch is set to auto. It still leaks water some. Like the flapper isn’t fully closed.
    200hp Mercury pro xs
    Dual Power pole Blades
    HB Helix 8” MSI+ GPS G4N
    HB Helix 8” MDI+ GPS G4N

Youtube.com/DitchPickler
    Instagram @DitchPickler

9. Member
    Check your flush valves on the livewells. Mine were open when I got my boat. Took me a while to figure out, we’re never blowing when checked, just bad timing when checking. Water was coming out from under seat base one time. Then happened to open battery door and saw water spraying. Was mystery for minute why was taking on water. Easy check, open battery door and run livewells. See where it is coming from. If is open valves, close em.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unravels View Post
    Check your flush valves on the livewells. Mine were open when I got my boat. Took me a while to figure out, we’re never blowing when checked, just bad timing when checking. Water was coming out from under seat base one time. Then happened to open battery door and saw water spraying. Was mystery for minute why was taking on water. Easy check, open battery door and run livewells. See where it is coming from. If is open valves, close em.
    Is the valve that thing where it says close and open that connects to the clear hoses that go to the livewell?
    Last edited by Ditch Pickler; 03-26-2024 at 11:40 PM.
    200hp Mercury pro xs
    Dual Power pole Blades
    HB Helix 8” MSI+ GPS G4N
    HB Helix 8” MDI+ GPS G4N

Youtube.com/DitchPickler
    Instagram @DitchPickler

11. Member
    When you open battery compartment door, on backside of livewells is a bunch of PVC pipes/hoses, the 2 valves on the backside of the port side livewell. The flush valve openings just spray into bilge. The valves are plastic quarter turn inline PVC valves. If the valve handle is in-line with the pipe it is open, if it is turned sideways (think + sign) it is closed. The flush valve handles are are red I think. You want the closed during normal use, only time should be open if is clearing the pipes of debris.

if on the water, open battery compartment lid, run the aerator and recirculater, if is spraying water in the bilge from the valves that it your problem. Easy fix, just close them. If is something else, just to keep looking, run each system one by one and watch for water movement. If you stop boat too fast and don’t feather the throttle can over run the transom and get into bilge, but you would notice read carpet would be soaked, and you could just turn your head back and see that as it happens. Otherwise maybe contact dealer, I think basscat gives you a 2 year warranty, maybe they could help figure it out.

12. Member
    These are the flush valves. Got pic this morning. If this isn’t problem you need to run the livewell system and observe/watch for leaks to rule them out. Is a bunch of pipes, hose clamps, etc… all possible points of failure. Another issue I had on mine was the bottom of one of the pumps was crushed, looked fine from top, only noticed when removed pump from base. Only way to tell was running pumps and seeing what happened. Heavy amount of water In bilge is a problem, need to put in time to figure it out so doesn’t create other problems 5DC23E5A-F87E-47B3-B8C0-80EAB5C4666D.jpeg

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unravels View Post
    These are the flush valves. Got pic this morning. If this isn’t problem you need to run the livewell system and observe/watch for leaks to rule them out. Is a bunch of pipes, hose clamps, etc… all possible points of failure. Another issue I had on mine was the bottom of one of the pumps was crushed, looked fine from top, only noticed when removed pump from base. Only way to tell was running pumps and seeing what happened. Heavy amount of water In bilge is a problem, need to put in time to figure it out so doesn’t create other problems 5DC23E5A-F87E-47B3-B8C0-80EAB5C4666D.jpeg
    I appreciate it! I’ll take a look this Sunday when I get out in the water!
    200hp Mercury pro xs
    Dual Power pole Blades
    HB Helix 8” MSI+ GPS G4N
    HB Helix 8” MDI+ GPS G4N

Youtube.com/DitchPickler
    Instagram @DitchPickler