Skeeterzx190

Best wire for electronics

What is the best wire for electronics? Best place to buy from also

You can get marine grade duplex wire on amazon that will work just fine

I got mine here... 8 Gauge (2) 16 ft runs and (1) 18" run was around $50 shipped.

https://www.batterycablesusa.com/8-g...able-with-ends
    Last edited by Bryanmc57; 03-25-2024 at 11:29 AM.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I really like the Kimbluth sheathed duplex tinned copper marine wire on Amazon. It comes in many gauges and lengths. I like that it is sheathed which helps with running the wire. I also like that, even the 6 gauge wire I used for my Ulterra Quest trolling motor was still flexible.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    I got mine here... (2) 16 ft runs and (1) 18" run was around $50 shipped.

https://www.batterycablesusa.com/8-g...able-with-ends
    I used these guys extensively when I rewired my boat for new electronics. Excellent quality products. I did use Ancor duplex marine wire due to a shortage of single 10AWG at the time.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

6. Member
    There are several makers of cables out there. For a single job it is very expensive to buy the tools needed to make your own cables. Plus in small quantities the wire is very expensive. You might be money ahead not doing your own. Not to mention the learning how to do it on the fly makes for mistakes and that makes more expense. You don’t need to be a mechanical wiz to do it but there is a learning curve. I have been doing my own for many years but still order or pick up larger cables as that required another set of larger tools.(#4 and larger cables). Might give you sticker shock, but if you have priced supplies and tools it won’t seem as bad. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

I buy my marine wire and fittings from Pace.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    There are several makers of cables out there. For a single job it is very expensive to buy the tools needed to make your own cables. Plus in small quantities the wire is very expensive. You might be money ahead not doing your own. Not to mention the learning how to do it on the fly makes for mistakes and that makes more expense. You don’t need to be a mechanical wiz to do it but there is a learning curve. I have been doing my own for many years but still order or pick up larger cables as that required another set of larger tools.(#4 and larger cables). Might give you sticker shock, but if you have priced supplies and tools it won’t seem as bad. JMO Bob
    The last set of 4/0 cables I built for a off grid system, the customer got a eye opener when he saw the cost of the cable! And that was my cost without any markup! The low voltage cabling was well over $600 without labor. I cheat and use various sized punches and a set of V blocks I built for building drive shafts. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

9. Skeeterzx190
    Has anyone seen shielded 8 gauge duplex or single wires? And what's preference duplex for/round or single. Feel like pulling once if can get it up there be better.

10. Member
    I used gregs marine wire supply to get my 8 and 10 gsuge marine tinned wire.