Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Elite series lakes

What lakes have the Elite series not fished ever or in a long time. They need to have a city close enough to host the tournament.

Lake Mohave in NV/AZ. It has Laughlin, NV. Thats where they have the U.S. Open now

Any other Great lakes besides the ones they frequent? TN has some big lakes. Is that Piercy priest just SE of Nashville?

They havent been to Clarks Hill, SC in a while. High Rock. There are some pretty nice lakes in Mississippi?
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

2. Member
    Idk about all that but what I do know is the last thing you want is these guys coming to your home lake.

Truman (1988/89)

I am cool with them staying away our lakes take enough of a pounding don't need help.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

Quote Originally Posted by Jim285pro View Post
    Idk about all that but what I do know is the last thing you want is these guys coming to your home lake.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

5. Member
    In the 90s they used to fish Norman, High Rock, Gaston, Buggs Island, Table Rock, Eufala, Seminole, Pickwick,Wheeler, Wilson. I don't follow it like I used to so maybe they have hit some of these recently.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    They’ve not been to Smith Mountain Lake for some time.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post
    What lakes have the Elite series not fished ever or in a long time. They need to have a city close enough to host the tournament.
    They don’t need a city close to host a regular Elite, they only need a fairly close convention center for a Classic.

Biggest requirement picking a venue is a chamber of commerce, local or state government has to put up money for them to come.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim285pro View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    "We all have it commin kid....." Will Munny

9. Member
    Mead, Havasu, CA Delta, Clear Lake, Columbia River

Ohio River!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    I wanna see them go out west again.

Hudson River and Oneida Lake are some they haven’t been to in a while.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

12. Member
    i hoped 60 lbs would win at Fork.
    They had that by day 2!!!

13. Member
    Lake Chesdin in Virginia
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    I think a full on west coast swing isn’t likely. I say try a mini swing to Arizona. Maybe hit elephant butte as part of the swing.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

15. Member
    Leech Lake is going to be fun when and if they announce it.

16. Member
    For a regular elite event one biggest things is having the facilities to host it. You've got to have a ramp and parking area big enough to handle all of the boats, media, and spectators. Plus you've got to have an area to set up the tanks and stage for weigh in.
    The other is having a chamber of commerce that is willing to put in the effort to bring them to town which seems to mean alot of times kicking in some cash and helping with the event. These repeated to death lakes have a local government that understands that by investing say $500k into bringing the elites there the city will in turn make $1.5m. Yea, I'd like to see them branch out and hit new water, but I completely understand the schedule is a business decision.

The classic is a whole different animal. Having a lake with large enough facilities to handle the launch, plus a host city nearby with an expo center for the show and an arena for weigh in really narrows your choices down. Now add in places that will actually pony up the money to bring them in and you're left with a handful of lakes they can fish on. Ft. Loudoun/TN river is an absolute turd of a fishery 10 months out of the year. But having the launch, expo, weigh in, hotels, and tons of dining options within walking distance makes Knoxville a perfect place to have it. I'd expect we'll see Hartwell for 2026 and Knoxville for 2027 classics

Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    They’ve not been to Smith Mountain Lake for some time.

It blows my mind that they haven't been back to Smith since 2011. It would put out a century belt if they timed it right.

Buggs Island
    James River
    Percy Priest
    Truman
    Red River
    Cumberland
    Sinclair

The list of lakes they don't frequent is too long to list.

It's funny, BASS couldn't believe the weights that Murray was putting out when they went there a few years ago. They acted like it was this secret lake or something, when in reality Murray had been putting out those weights for years but they never go there so it was like a big surprise for them.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    For a regular elite event one biggest things is having the facilities to host it. You've got to have a ramp and parking area big enough to handle all of the boats, media, and spectators. Plus you've got to have an area to set up the tanks and stage for weigh in.
    The other is having a chamber of commerce that is willing to put in the effort to bring them to town which seems to mean alot of times kicking in some cash and helping with the event. These repeated to death lakes have a local government that understands that by investing say $500k into bringing the elites there the city will in turn make $1.5m. Yea, I'd like to see them branch out and hit new water, but I completely understand the schedule is a business decision.

The classic is a whole different animal. Having a lake with large enough facilities to handle the launch, plus a host city nearby with an expo center for the show and an arena for weigh in really narrows your choices down. Now add in places that will actually pony up the money to bring them in and you're left with a handful of lakes they can fish on. Ft. Loudoun/TN river is an absolute turd of a fishery 10 months out of the year. But having the launch, expo, weigh in, hotels, and tons of dining options within walking distance makes Knoxville a perfect place to have it. I'd expect we'll see Hartwell for 2026 and Knoxville for 2027 classics
    I thought the elites were getting more like 50K to bring elite events, not 500K.

To be fair to host sites, I can totally understand not wanting to dump a bunch of money into having BASS come to town. It's not like the old days where the elites are going to make some previously unknown lake famous. With the internet now it doesn't take a whole lot of research to figure out which lakes are hot right now. Plus with more and more tournament fishing going on nowadays, why pay a bunch of cash for 100 elite anglers when a 200 boat derby is going on every weekend regardless.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Percy Priest. I like that suggestion. I don't if they have somewhere that could accommodate them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Lake Chesdin in Virginia
    Are you serious? Chesdin is nowhere even close to big enough to host an elite event. They'd go to Lake Anna before they went to Chesdin.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast