Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Some are glossing right over that.
    Doesn't fit in their FSS = no skill narrative. Hammer simply out fished every other competitor this weekend using the tools which were available to all.

He said he alsocaught fish without FFS this week. Those words came directly out of his mouth so I feel like it's credible.
    I'm sure he did catch some fish without FFS this week. It's a long week considering practice and three competition days. He 100% won this tournament with his FFS fish catches though.

3. Member
    It looked to me like Hamner was tapping the reel handle with his fingers when working his jerkbait instead of holding the handle knob. Anybody else notice this, or do I need glasses?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joekaz View Post
    It looked to me like Hamner was tapping the reel handle with his fingers when working his jerkbait instead of holding the handle knob. Anybody else notice this, or do I need glasses?
    It was very interesting how he was working it. Also just pitching it out like 40 feet before working it back. Goes against all the "proper" way of fishing a jerkbait with a long cast, pulling it down in to the zone, long pause two jerks, etc...
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

5. Member
    How many are won with FFS and how many are lost with FFS with guys trying to use it, but just end up wasting time screwing around and not fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by joekaz View Post

You are correct. He put on a jerkbait clinic. A lot can be learned from that footage. From so many different retrieves to the weighing of the herkbait to get it where he wanted it shined a light on how good he is with a jerkbait.

7. Member
    Hamner did a great job all three days to pull it off !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    It was very interesting how he was working it. Also just pitching it out like 40 feet before working it back. Goes against all the "proper" way of fishing a jerkbait with a long cast, pulling it down in to the zone, long pause two jerks, etc...
    Did you notice when the fish came up under the boat…he backed the boat up and kept fishing for those same fish. Haven’t seen anybody else do that, but I haven’t watched many scoping videos.

Quote Originally Posted by josephsharpe99 View Post
    LIVESCOPE FOR THE WIN. AS EXPECTED. That makes it 3/3 BASS Elite Series tournaments to be won on Livescope. Everyone hates on Randy Blauket but he said first of this year each BASS tournament would be won on FFS and so far his haters are the ones crying. Its the truth. I would be willing to put a major bet that each tournament this year will be won on FFS...
    What if the guy in last place in every tournament this year has FFS. Can we say, every tournament was lost with FFS.........
    Congrats to hamner... Good job young man.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Did you notice when the fish came up under the boat…he backed the boat up and kept fishing for those same fish. Haven’t seen anybody else do that, but I haven’t watched many scoping videos.
    The power of crappie brakes.

11. Member
    You are correct. He put on a jerkbait clinic. A lot can be learned from that footage. From so many different retrieves to the weighing of the herkbait to get it where he wanted it shined a light on how good he is with a jerkbait.
    Yes, and there goes, out the door, the notion that you had to adopt certain rhythm with a jerkbait to get results: remember, jerk... jerk... stop ! or jerk... jerk... jerk ... stop ! How many times have I read or heard that ? When you see the fish it's not the same.

12. Member
    Justin and I live in the same town and I know him pretty well and have fished against him many times. He is an extremely well-rounded fisherman and will beat you with a swim jig as easily as he can beat you with a jerk bait. I couldn't be happier for him.
    General Manager

PTG Outdoors
    5401 McFarland Blvd.
    Northport, AL 35476
    205-333-1605

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Ya, it was unreal. Watching the live this year with the FFS it's crazy how often those guys catch fish by staying on them. Generally when I get a follow and no bite I just move on because it's so difficult to get them to bite once they see the boat.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234