Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    Seems to ba a great person. He is friends with Tyler River, young Pro who lives near me. Cherry kinda took him under his wing when he made the Elites. Each time he comes this way, he always visits the area schools and talks to the kids. Talking to our future..
    I think the young man's last name is "Rivet"- not River.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerL21 View Post
    i will bet you any amount of money that it's NOT going anywhere!! Bass will limit some things but that will be just a political move to "show" they have done something. They might limit screen count and transducer count, but as long as you can have ONE livescope transducer on your boat the same guys will continue to dominate. The old guys are retiring and the young club, college & university guys are coming by the thousands!! The young guys are the new demographic period.
    I remember when NASCAR started to shift their marketing and promotions to attract a "younger demographic". Have you taken notice of the drop in attendance numbers and major sponsorships since that happened and all the older drivers are gone? And don't forget the brilliant move from Bud Light to diversify and attract a new demographic to their brand.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    I remember when NASCAR started to shift their marketing and promotions to attract a "younger demographic". Have you taken notice of the drop in attendance numbers and major sponsorships since that happened and all the older drivers are gone? And don't forget the brilliant move from Bud Light to diversify and attract a new demographic to their brand.
    Have you noticed the 9 hammers that show up every year now to the elites? Have you noticed the record numbers every year that enter the opens? Have you noticed that when these 9 show up every year that they take everyones money?? Here's why, the "new" system breeds Thoroughbreds! As for BUD light, i think every major company learned there lesson from this, as i haven't seen a trans spokes person since the BUD Light campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    Seems to ba a great person. He is friends with Tyler River, young Pro who lives near me. Cherry kinda took him under his wing when he made the Elites. Each time he comes this way, he always visits the area schools and talks to the kids. Talking to our future..
    Yeah on one of his visits down here a couple years ago he came out and fished our little Wednesday afternoon tournament. Prior to take off and after the tournament just hanging out and chatting with all of us. Very down to earth for sure.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MadYakker View Post
    I think the young man's last name is "Rivet"- not River.
    Sorry..I am aware of his name. I sometimes hit the wrong letter ....and did not catch that. I have learned long ago, typing on this phone with my big fingers is a challenge for me. Will correct..

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcoast Bassin View Post
    If you think there’s more money in video screens than every day baits that can fill out an entire B.A.S.S. Pro tackle shop your greatly mistaken.
    Can only make so much money with screens and drop shot hooks … LOL
    Can only catch so many fish with screens and drop shot hooks too.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west_tn View Post
    Umm....did you watch any of it? FFS and a jerkbait won it.
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    Can only catch so many fish with screens and drop shot hooks too.
    Has a single fish in the first 3 events of the year been caught with a drop shot?
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

9. Member
    A friend and I were talking about this that one downside to FFS is it does not seem like it would move nearly as much product since even though companies getting in on selling FFS specific tackle, it's all just a ballhead jig and minnow variation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcoast Bassin View Post
    If you think there’s more money in video screens than every day baits that can fill out an entire B.A.S.S. Pro tackle shop your greatly mistaken.
    Can only make so much money with screens and drop shot hooks … LOL

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Has a single fish in the first 3 events of the year been caught with a drop shot?
    Have any fish in the first three events not been caught with a drop shot? Fisherman are still going to buy plenty of everything else too. Bottom line, a huge amount of fish have been caught on soft plastics long before FFS and drop shot was a thing.

I don’t know how they do it…I could have only kept that schedule as a young single man. Talk about a grind. Rick Clunn is a ICON for being able to do it in his 70’s.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    YES!
    Some of Scott Martin’s Open winning bass are the drop shot after many presentations of a jig and creature bait.

Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Kinda sounded like he might be walking away?
    Yes it did. Maybe it's his final year on tour. Sounds like he wants to be home with the family.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123