Echomap Vehicle Power Cable

So I notice Garmin has a Vehicle Power Cable (12v lighter socket) for the Echomap and Striker series - but the 126SV is not listed under compatable devices... in fact I don't see any 10 or 12" units listed. Is there a different version for the larger Garmin units? They are all 4pin so don't know why this would would not work?

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/667581#overview

Thickness of wire is not heavy enough for the higher amp draw of the bigger units.

With a 126sv you will want to rewire the boat with 10 gauge directly to the battery with a fuse.

3. Member
    Make your own with a 12 gauge wire and an old lighter plug. Its just 2 wires.
    2022 Ranger RB190
    Mercury 115 Proxs

Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    Thickness of wire is not heavy enough for the higher amp draw of the bigger units.

With a 126sv you will want to rewire the boat with 10 gauge directly to the battery with a fuse.
    This is not for the boat - this is for occasional using in home with a ac/12v power brick, ie map study, waypoints etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Titansfan2104 View Post
    Make your own with a 12 gauge wire and an old lighter plug. Its just 2 wires.
    Still would need Garmin power plug /adapater of some sort to the unit - by the time buying that (if even possible) and a cig plug, etc might as well just get the Garmin one. Assuming it would work of course.

6. Member
    I built me one out of an old laptop charger that I plug into the wall so I can use them in the house...
    2005 Triton TR-186
    2024 Mercury Pro XS 150

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    This is not for the boat - this is for occasional using in home with a ac/12v power brick, ie map study, waypoints etc.
    Should be fine then

So to follow up, I can confirm this cable works on the 126sv, for the next person who asks/searches.