Dual AT2 vs AT2 + mega 360

Howzit guys.

anyone have made the change from one AT2 and a mega 360 to two AT2 ?

Wondering if the scout mode on at2 can replace a mega 360 ?

what is your opinions guys?

thanks

frikster

2. Member
    Take a look at the elite's boats this season. Pretty much every angler who isn't on Johnson Outdoors pro-staff has eliminated the 360 and opted for multiple live transducers.
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

3. Member
    360 is still better for 360 stuff. Ive had this set up since 2020 when the perspective view update came out.

IMG_2024-03-25-084313.png

4. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    If I had 360 I'd not get rid of it, but having a Lowrance set up the dual AT2 set up gives me good coverage without requiring a mix of units. Having TM and electronics networked together has advantages. Perspective/scout mode has advantages over 360 from a fish movement perspective, but 360 provides a clearer view of the habitat and is "360" VS the smaller coverage of scout. For Garmin or Lowrance owners it would seem dual FFS would be the easier choice over adding a HB unit and the extra stuff on your TM. I did just watch a video where a guy was dumping his 360 for a second LV34. Seemed odd to me but......................

I recently moved from AT2 to Livescope and M360... I've wanted 360 for some time now - it's really beneficial in Florida for finding grass lines, structure, etc. Some of that you can do with Perspective Mode of course, but 360 gives you that total view that you don't get with FFS. Not saying there's not a 2nd LVS in my future, but am going to run this single LVS34/M360 setup for a while before making anymore changes - as adding another LVS would require some other changes I'm not ready to make yet, ie adding another Garmin and removing my Lowarnce at the bow, which is my primary mapping/waypoint system. I'd have to re-jigger my whole navigational/waypoint management workflow really.

I ran dual AT1's for a while last year. Interferance was not too bad, but as mentioned I really wanted 360 and it just wasn't comparable. Plus at the time I was running dual units on bow so when both AT's were displayed I had no map available up front.

6. Member
    Thanks for reply’s guys!

7. Member
    Another note on it, pollen trashes a Livescope return. I heard about it during Redcrest and have been experiencing it on my home lake for the last couple weeks. I guess that a good rain pushes the pollen down in the water column because anything else than 8 ft is horrible right now. Meanwhile the Mega 360 is clicking along great. I have actually spent the last 2 trips with Liveacope completely off and just ran the 360.

8. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    So perspective/scout doesn't identify brush piles, rock, etc when there is heavy pollen? I've not been in a situation like that before I'll have to watch for it this year. I've only had 1 AT1 for the past 2-years so I've had to switch from scout to forward as the season progresses and then back. We get slammed with cottonwood cotton here but that time of year I don't rely much on FFS. I'll try and pay attention this year.

9. Member
    I've ran 360 forever and have run perspective mode quite a bit by itself and my preference is 360 + live. I like the static full view over having to scan around to see around the boat. Grasslines and shell beds show up much clearer on it vs a horizontal live image especially when stretching the range.
    I'm not sure what mounts are available for at2, but if there's one where you can swap easily between forward and perspective I'd highly reccomend using it.
    I run humminbirds and a major bonus to mega live is being able to flip the transducer in 5 seconds. So when the occasion calls for it I can kill the 360 and run perspective on live to get live fish movement. I do this with shallow stump fields or patchy grass clumps.