Question 2013 fx20 prop help

I just bought this boat last spring, dual power poles, the entirety of bass pro shops in my front lockers full fuel tanks and empty live wells I’m turning 57-5800 rpm at 66 mph. I’m currently running a 24-T1 and curious if I should go to a 23. My atlas is on 11 currently. I know these motors need to be run as close to 6k as possible to prevent oil issues from my understanding. Any insight would help as prop set up isn’t my strong point haha.

thanks
    Last edited by 20I865; 03-24-2024 at 02:36 PM.

2. Member
    Sounds like you are a little low on RPM's.

Rather than reaching for your credit card, suggest raising the jack plate a little.

Heavy bow is always a problem. I fight the same issue in my ZX200, but I can get 68 at 6000 with a 23T2 if I flog the snot out of it. 200 SHO

Assuming you have a 250 SHO, I wouldn't expect the 23 to work. If I was guessing how to prop that rig, I'd run a 25.

You should get low 70's with a 250 IMO.

You might check to make sure throttle is opening fully, but I'll bet raising the motor will help. Go up a 1/4 inch. See what happens. Repeat until starts to blow out.

Don't worry about making oil. In a 10 year old motor, that issue should be long behind you.

3. Member
    You could also have your prop worked , provides extra lift for the tackle shop in the front. My 2019 fx21 (sho 250 ) 25 T2 prop runs 73 with a static plate and the worked prop and I only have half the tackle shop in the center. Good Luck

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCIPinkie View Post
    Sounds like you are a little low on RPM's.

Rather than reaching for your credit card, suggest raising the jack plate a little.

Heavy bow is always a problem. I fight the same issue in my ZX200, but I can get 68 at 6000 with a 23T2 if I flog the snot out of it. 200 SHO

Assuming you have a 250 SHO, I wouldn't expect the 23 to work. If I was guessing how to prop that rig, I'd run a 25.

You should get low 70's with a 250 IMO.

You might check to make sure throttle is opening fully, but I'll bet raising the motor will help. Go up a 1/4 inch. See what happens. Repeat until starts to blow out.

Don't worry about making oil. In a 10 year old motor, that issue should be long behind you.

I should have specified I just got out of break in on a brand new power head haha. My last power head had so much blow by it was sounding the low oil alarm for oil pressure. Trying to keep that from happening by running the dog snot outta it or at least to its potential.

thanks

5. Member
    Flash it to a 300hp.