Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    If you watch/listen to Al Lindner fishing and do not get this itch in an unscratchable
    place - check your pulse . . .
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

2. Member
    Orlando Wilson
    2014 Bullet 21xrs
    2016 Merc Opti 300hp Serial #1E053115

3. Member
    I liked Denny. His Schooled show was unique for sure!
    I just couldn't like the way the Brainerd boys talked... Kinda Northwoods meets Illinois
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    This!! ^^^^^^ I also remember ESPN's Sportsman's Challenge with Ron Franklin, Lonnie Stanley, Penny Berryman, and others. I think Tommy Sanders was on that show too.
    To me, that was the single best BASS fishing show in terms learning patterns and specific techniques. But, it didn't last very long. BTW, Clunn was on that show, too. I think I have them all on VHS tapes somewhere.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

The Flying Fisherman Gadabout Gaddis
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

For educational purposes, the In-Fisherman and Linder's Angling Edge are at or near the top.

There were other educational shows on the ESPN Outdoor block that were good too. The Bass Pros series from Bass Pro Shops was also pretty good too, but I never got the cable channel to see those. I bought a couple on DVD.

Once Tactical Bassin came around, I rarely watched TV for fishing tips. Youtube dominates that game now...for free!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass57348 View Post
    I liked Denny. His Schooled show was unique for sure!
    I just couldn't like the way the Brainerd boys talked... Kinda Northwoods meets Illinois
    Well, they are transplants from Chicago living in northern MN...............

8. Member
    Not Bass, but Jose Wejebe was one of the best fishing personalities of all time.

9. Member
    I like that zaldain girl...

Bill Dance. The undeniable fishing tv show king.

"Flip Pallot with Walkers cay chronicles. Also Jose Wejebe with Spanish fly" Ill second this.

Also liked on the water with Florida sportsman.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    Joe Krieger and Wanda
    Joe and Wanda were either on before or after Jimmy Houston on Sunday mornings. They were good, but Jimmy was like God Jr. to me.

I'll never forget the time we went camping at Tenkiller and I got to fish Jimmy's home lake. My eight year old mind was in heaven. I remember catching my first "real" bass - not from a pond, but from the big lake like the pros - on that trip, from the riprap next to the boat ramp.

But Joe and Wanda had me begging dad to take me to Grand. It looked like you could throw a Bill Norman crankbait at any bank and catch something, and "they all count as one".

11. Member
    I always enjoyed Orlando Wilson’s show. It just reminds me of the heyday of bass fishing for me. Loved when he was running that all white Ranger with the silver pins. Also, folks can say what the want, but as a kid I’d get up early on Saturday mornings to watch Bill Dance and not cartoons.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345