Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    Very sorry for you and your family. Ask the vet to come to your home, where she can pass surrounded by her loved ones.
    If she makes it through today that is exactly what I intend to do. I want her as relaxed as she can be.

2. Member
    Sorry! Super heartbreaking when it's time to say goodbye.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

3. Member
    Very sorry to hear what you're going through.

Been there enough to know how tough it is
    Last edited by bilgerat; 03-24-2024 at 12:22 PM.
    Ranting incoherently

5. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Thats a tough one Ron. It's one of those losses in our lives that make grown men cry. Enjoy your time with her and cherish the memories. Strength prayers and condolences your way

6. Member
    Just done it last sat , she was my best bud and was hardest few days of my life ! But 8 days later I’m healing and it’s easier and with everyday that passes I’m glad I give her the gift of pain free! Praying for you .

7. Banned
    I feel ya... going through the same thing myself with my girl. The only negative thing about dogs is they leave us way too soon. Prayers to you and your family

8. Member
    Nobody loves you like your dog. I'm so sorry to hear about her condition. When you love them, the hardest thing you must do is let them go. When life is more hurt than happiness they deserve to be released to cross The Bridge.
    May God bless you both.

9. Member
    Thanks guys. I have had to do this several times but for some reason this dog has become part of my heart. Best dog I have ever had and I had some really good ones. I do have her daughter with me also but she is just not as loving as her mom. Every great once in a while you get one that adores you more than anything. I had Dixie’s father for 11 years. Couldn’t even hunt for thinking about him and tearing up. I just a softy I suppose.

Hate to hear that, Ron. They do become family.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Hate that feeling as well Ron. My family has only known Boxers. 27 years later, we're on our third one now. First Boxer we got when my wife was pregnant with our first son. So we had a Boxer before we had our kids. They are just as much part of our family..it really hurts when it's their time to cross that rainbow bridge. The bond they make on us is amazing....they will live on in spirit and great memories.
    1993 Champion 190
    1991 Evinrude Intruder 150

12. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Remember the good times, they will mean a lot to you as you grieve

13. Member
    Boxers are such great dogs and they bond with their humans like glue. I have had 2 and both were taken by cancer 1 at 2.5yr and the other 5.5yr.
    May the Lord give comfort and peace to you and your family during this challenging times.

14. Member
    In almost the same situation having to help my dog to her feet for the past two months. Trying the Librela monoclonal antibodies as well. Just got her first shot on Wed. Could take up to 5-6 weeks before we see any improvement and it's only 50/50 chance of working.

Hope it works for you
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

15. Member
    I feel your pain, watching our yellow lab of 13 years, Sadie, going through this right now. Vet has told us nothing left they can do for her so we give her an anti-inflammatory and a pain pill to help keep her comfortable. I'm just waiting for her to tell me it is time. Giving her lots of extra love and treats. She is still eating, wagging her tail, and trying to play with her 4-legged siblings, I have a mini-Hershey's bar in the fridge reserved for her last meal, I will put some peanut butter on it. It sure is dusty in here...

for you and your family in difficult times.

16. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    I’m so sorry!!!!

17. Member
    Sure do feel your concerns bud, so sorry you are having to face this, losing your best friend wither its pets or humans' hurts!! I know we are family around my house with two poodles, not sure how i could handle losing one of those. for you and your family!

18. Member
    I just went through this.Your bud will let you know. It hurts like a motherf&*^%r!!!! But...no longer suffering in pain. That is the greatest love you have for your bud. I am so sorry you're going through this...I will keep in my prayers and thoughts

19. Member
    They are definitely our best friends and is so hard to do what is right by them and watch them slow down as they age. You are in my prayers and thoughts as my 2nd fave lady is slowing down also.

20. Member
    Please know that Dixie has no fear of death. She has her people and will have them until the very end. Her life was good because of you. She said thanks with unconditional love. Hold her when she goes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast