2017 250 Pro Verado thermostat

2017 250 Pro - s# 2B414917
    Does any body know the thermostat part number? Took the boat out for the first time this year and it wouldn’t warm up above 112* at idle so I think the thermostat is stuck open and I want to replace it.

Did you take it out and inspect it. Likely debris in it.

3. Member
    No I did not inspect it yet. I want to have a new t-stat on hand before I open it up. That way if I need it I can pop if right in and if I don’t need it I can throw it on the shelf for future use.

4. Member
    Might be a coincidence and might not but I did just get the impeller replaced two weeks ago. My mechanic ran it and flushed it really good afterwards though.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Easy-Peasy to pull the t-stat (two bolts) and it can be readily disassembled to clean out any debris stuck in it.

Note that if you have MEGA cold water temps, you may not get that engine up to 120-140 degrees. Guessing the water temps in Idaho are still a tad cool?

You can lookup the thermostat on our Parts Catalog at: www.mercurypartsonline.net (See Rhonda's post, pinned at the top of the forum for assistance with Parts/Accessories).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Thanks Don. I will look up the part number and order one. I like to change it every 100 hours anyway.
    water temp was 50 degrees.

7. Member
    Glad I pulled the cowling to look at the thermostat. Just discovered that my mechanic left my oil cap off when he serviced my boat. Now it is either in the bottom of the cowling or sitting on his work bench! Ugh!

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor