Fork-Not the Bassmasters version

Fished it 3 days this week.
    Day 1-2 Fishermen-1 bass, 1 snapping turtle.
    Day 2-2 fishermen and 4 bass. Sucked most of the day and caught 2 in the last 30 minutes. 2.8 the biggest.
    Day 3-2 fishermen-no fish for 5 hours (misting rain) and then 2 at the last stop. 7+ lber on the last cast.

Real world Fork.

Did have a 6+ and a 7+ in the boat last week.
    Lots of boats since that last elite series played on tv.

2. Lounge/Texas Club/Triton Boats Moderator Bobs21X's Avatar
    Florida strain Bass, and Texas Spring weather can be a brutal combination.

3. Member
    I just read Lee Livesey's explanation of his Lake Fork Elite Tournament performance and how everything he tried didn't work as planned.
    I feel a little better.
    But we have caught some nice slots last week and had great fun which is why I fish.
    And one big one that put on a show and steamed away to wrap around a tree and gone.
    I am lucky to have several friends and club members to fish with me.
    Fork is a constant challenge which occasionally rewards great effort and thoughtful planning.
    Those Florida strain fish are smart, over pressured, over fed and lazy.

4. Member
    Gary Yamamoto just opened up a lodge/ campground about 20 min from the lake. They just had the ribbon cutting today. They have several awesome cabins that have multiple bedrooms off a living room and kitchen main room. They have ponds there loaded with bass for those wanting to catch some before bed. They are set up for weddings and company outings as well. Bonus they sell Kobe beef there and it’s out of this world. It’s called segui lodge and excuse me if I spelled that wrong. Check it out…

5. Member
    Here is the website for Yamamoto's place. https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Our group of 8 was there the same time you were it seems (23-30th). It rained about 7 inches in 2 days. It went from 80 degrees to high 30s. Wind started blowing. It was tough sledding! Lake was over pool and turned to mud in most places. Biggest fish landed in our group was a 5.70 and it came on a jerkbait out in the timber. I lost a giant probably 8+ but that's another story. It was tough for us as mother nature showed us who was boss that week.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DBolton View Post
    Our group of 8 was there the same time you were it seems (23-30th). It rained about 7 inches in 2 days. It went from 80 degrees to high 30s. Wind started blowing. It was tough sledding! Lake was over pool and turned to mud in most places. Biggest fish landed in our group was a 5.70 and it came on a jerkbait out in the timber. I lost a giant probably 8+ but that's another story. It was tough for us as mother nature showed us who was boss that week.
    Tough break on the weather for your trip. Usually you don't have a whole lake wrecked and the spawn turned on its head for a week.
    Good news for high water has given this years fry a lot of cover. Survival rate should be excellent. Fork should get even better the next few years.

I remember the big ones I lost for quite some time. It eats at me when it happens. It is part of bass fishing.
    I lost a big girl the week before. Lost focus as the net man faltered and she steamed to her tree, buried my lure into it and she gone! Over in a blink! My partner had hooked a big one in the same spot the day before and I saw it flip a 180 underwater and it was huge. I am pretty sure mine was the same fish! We went back to the hole 2 days later and saw it on the scope as she set up an ambush on a tree top. Grandson blew it-but it hooked him on the livescope!

Temps back in the 80's the last two days. Did nothing for yesterdays bite for me as I took a zero-which is unbelievable this time of year on a nice warm sunny day and I moved a lot and fished hard. This weeks forecast looks to have thunderstorms Mon-Wed and then 20-30 mph winds thursday just for a topper!
    Spring fishing keeps it interesting.