Is there a high quality adjustable pedestal for bass boats/

i need one with the screw in post. I see 3 or 4 companies that sell them and any that have ratings have a 4 to 4.5 out of 5 rating so not terrible. Just wondering if their is a pedestal made that is a lot better quality than the rest?
    Rob Campbell - (2015) 21 Skeeter Fxi

2. Member
    All made at the same place possibly? I just replaced one that would not hold where you put it. The next one I have to buy will be one that has a pin to set hight. They are more work but don’t leak down.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rboren View Post
    All made at the same place possibly? I just replaced one that would not hold where you put it. The next one I have to buy will be one that has a pin to set hight. They are more work but don’t leak down.
    This is a good idea. The ones where you use a pin to set height are much more rugged and reliable than the ones with an adjustable cylinder. Some of them can be configured to get your seat higher than the cylinder models as well. When I used a seat getting it up higher was a big benefit for me.
    "the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..."

4. Member
    Every air pressure adjustable pedestal I've had eventually would lose pressure and slowly collapsed. I finally drilled the base at the positions I wanted and I stalled a pit pin.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    Every air pressure adjustable pedestal I've had eventually would lose pressure and slowly collapsed. I finally drilled the base at the positions I wanted and I stalled a pit pin.

Good idea. I may be able to do that with mine.

This is what I used on my failed pedestal
    s-l1600.jpg
    Always Think Like A Fish.....No Matter How Weird it Is!!

7. Member
    Springfield always did me right. I also learned not to bottom out the post. It saves that plastic bushing.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn Hook View Post
    Springfield always did me right. I also learned not to bottom out the post. It saves that plastic bushing.
    It's hard to not bottom out the post when you are a fat ass like me, pull the release
    Lever to lower the seat and it bottoms out

Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    Great idea! I think you solved the problem!!

Quote Originally Posted by basfish View Post
    This is what I used on my failed pedestal

s-l1600.jpg
    Great suggestion!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RealtorRob View Post
    Great suggestion!
    Maybe try this. I did the pin thing but I installed two sealed bearing on the ends so that they roll on the plastic bushing. Works really well for me

12. Member
    The Swivel-Eze hydraulic post that came with my 2012 Lund is $300.00 Can. to replace, but its still working, I found a solid post from the same company and bought it for my rear deck (just had to cut it to my size) and use a seatpost adapter. When the hydraulic post stops working, will see if I can drill it and put a pin in it.BPS sells a manually adjustable post but its a 3/4 inch post and I need a 2 3/8 inch post.

13. Member
    Like the pin and hole idea...........