Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    I always wonder why folks just focus on just their premium verses quality of service. Been with my agent 20 plus years. No issues with very few claims and excellent service
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    I always wonder why folks just focus on just their premium verses quality of service. Been with my agent 20 plus years. No issues with very few claims and excellent service
    Jim,
    For me, I find most all have good servivce
    For the Home, Been 30 years and I've claimed nothing
    Auto, in the last 10 years there's been one deer

So, If i get a spike in the rates
    Yes, I shop it around. Same coverage why pay more?
    Any bad service will just be a individual (new or badly trained) and I can work around that
    This year I'll save 1,200 dollars. I myself need the money

Quote Originally Posted by fly by night View Post
    Never heard of Erie. Is that a nation wide company?
    I don't believe that it is a national company. They are out of Erie, Pa (obviously!) and are probably only in the mid-west.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

4. Member
    I've had Shelter for probably 20-25 yrs. Very happy with them...........so far!
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

5. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ManxFishing View Post
    Jim,
    For me, I find most all have good servivce
    For the Home, Been 30 years and I've claimed nothing
    Auto, in the last 10 years there's been one deer

So, If i get a spike in the rates
    Yes, I shop it around. Same coverage why pay more?
    Any bad service will just be a individual (new or badly trained) and I can work around that
    This year I'll save 1,200 dollars. I myself need the money
    Understand, I believe I read a couple times how all insurance is spiking nationwide regardless of claims you may have or not have had
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

6. Member
    Guess what ? As an agent that is affiliated with one of the largest agencies In the country with access to over 80 companies, my insurance went up also. Hint: Just because one company is competitive in your home state does not mean it is in another state or region. So if you are taking recommendations make sure it is from someone close by.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fly by night View Post
    Never heard of Erie. Is that a nation wide company?
    Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin—and the District of Columbia.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I don't believe that it is a national company. They are out of Erie, Pa (obviously!) and are probably only in the mid-west.
    Jeff,
    I reckon that Erie, PA would be Northeast, since I have been through it many at times going I90 out of NY. However, the post above has the states listed where they do business.

Quote Originally Posted by NW.Ind.Basser View Post
    Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin—and the District of Columbia.
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Jeff,
    I reckon that Erie, PA would be Northeast, since I have been through it many at times going I90 out of NY. However, the post above has the states listed where they do business.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12