Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has Live Scope Help your fish Catching ?

I am looking at buying a Fish Scope I own Hummingbird is the new 2024 Mega live Humingbird as good as Garman I am retired and don't fish Bass tournaments .
    What I have seen the Garman has a better view on screen . Have they improved the Bird I would like to keep my Live scope in the network all Humminbird. Can you run your live scope Garman with Hummingbird without interference ? My trolling system is all I pilot with Bird in Network Cage ! Thank You

There is only one Humminbird MEGA LIVE made in 2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024. Software has improved it since the beginning.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Yes you can run garmin with no interference.

Garmin is far better still. But if you dont want a garmin the mega live does work.

4. Member
    I run mega live and a LVS34 on my boat. Live scope is better hands down but the most recent update for mega live helped a lot.

5. Member
    I have mega live because it was the cheapest option since I already had humminbird units. I’ve had it almost 2 months and have not caught a single fish using it yet.

6. Member
    I'm 4 weeks into using a LVS 34. I haven't seen one swim up to my lure yet...like I see in all the videos. But I have caught the fish in the area I've seen them in. But by far it's the greatest upgrade I've done. I have mine mounted to the trolling motor. I'm now looking at mounting it independently of the motor.

7. Member
    Thank you for your information

8. Member
    Thank You

9. Member
    Mega Live, 360, Target Lock here.

Yes, they have helped me catch fish.

IMHO, just one more tool to help. Sometimes they are shallow and I'm happy. Sometimes they are deep and I'm still happy.

I don't see me becoming a "Scoper", but I use mine as one of my tools and enjoy it.

10. Member
    I will say this. By heart I'm a shallow water fisherman. 99% of the time I'm in 3 ft or less water. After that bite dies off in usually lost. I'm really doing to try and use my FFS for off shore fishing come late spring and into the summer.

11. Member
    I've been using mine for about 1 year,still learning
    I would say yes to to locating fish and how they relate to structure
    It fascinates me to watch reaction to baits and their movements

12. Member
    YES...there are less anglers fishing the water I like to fish.

13. Member
    Nope!

14. Member
    Maybe I caught more fish or maybe not, but it allows me to explore favorite and other areas without wasting time a little more quickly than using SI, DI, and 360. Basically, I can tell if I'm trolling too fast/not enough line out on my crappie poles and whether they are going to bite or not.
    1985 Skeeter SF-175 & 1985 Evinrude 150 XP (with VRO removed)

15. Member
    Catch them just fine without ffs.

16. Member
    No doubt it has helped. If you’re not scoping you’re hoping.

17. Member
    I've still got the LVS32 and yes it's helped me catch some fish, with the occasional one that I've got to see bite. I don't think the LVS32 is good enough to "scope" fish all the time but what it does help me do is get a much better read of what's out in front of me especially when I'm fishing weed lines. It's definitely made me more efficient. I hardly ever use 2D up front any more.

18. Member
    Hasn't helped me at all so far.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by On top View Post
    I am looking at buying a Fish Scope I own Hummingbird is the new 2024 Mega live Humingbird as good as Garman I am retired and don't fish Bass tournaments .
    What I have seen the Garman has a better view on screen . Have they improved the Bird I would like to keep my Live scope in the network all Humminbird. Can you run your live scope Garman with Hummingbird without interference ? My trolling system is all I pilot with Bird in Network Cage ! Thank You
    Yes, it has helped me catch more bass and I don't even own the scope....I have spent more time learning side and down imaging.

20. Member
    FFS is a tool that will allow you to be a more successful angler, but there are many caveats to that statement. I am of the opinion that adding/adopting/utilizing FFS will handicap an angler if done before establishing a very good base understanding of seasonal patterns, bass behavior and moods, weather patterns, other electronic skills (2D, DI, Sidescan), etc. Not to say this can't be overcome, but one must be intentional to utilize it properly whilst considering all factors.

For example, FFS on highland reservoirs in my area (east TN) is very helpful in understanding what the bottom looks like under the water, which allows me to determine bait selection and presentation depending on time of year, seasonal pattern, weather conditions, target species, etc. There are times when you will also be able to target specific fish, groups of fish, bait balls, etc., but on the flip side there are also times when the brown fish specifically are hunkered down in the rocks undetectable with electronics and the only way to actually see them with FFS would be to get them to chase something and show themselves (crankbait, hover rig, jerkbait, swimbait, etc.). In those instances, one would benefit from developing a strategy based on the information gathered from FFS. If you notice suspended bait balls and fish underneath them, then target those fish with FFS, take note of the types of areas the bait and fish are, and start developing a game plan to find more (mapping, sidescan, etc.). Same can be said if they are hunkered down - take note of the types of areas they are in, but don't depend on the FFS to actually see the fish; just run the types of areas they are relating to.

Knowing when, how, and why to use FFS along with all of the other skills that make a good angler is how one can truly use the technology advantageously.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast