size wire to power 2 garmin 106sv and livescope

helping a buddy wire his new 106sv and livescope. he might hook up his current 106 too.

putting a blue seas fuse block and the black box in the starboard compartment. was thinking a 10 gauge power wire from fuse block to 30 amp breaker then battery disconnect in the bilge. then 10 gauge to the 2 bow graphs. if we can get a fish tape through an opening in front of console, the run be about 17 feet. if have to go through conduit in bow it might be 24 foot run. be about 4 feet going from that fuse block then turn into the conduit. or should we run 8 gauge wire for power wire? I'm thinking 10 gauge will be big enough. especially if he leaves the other graph hooked up to stock wiring. thanks

2. Member
    I have 8 gauge running to a buss bar up front that powers my black box, network hub and bow 93sv and 106sv.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    I have 8 gauge running to a buss bar up front that powers my black box, network hub and bow 93sv and 106sv.

thanks, we decided to go with 8 gauge as his power wire. that's what I used on my boat last year.