Question Identifying old handmade baits?

Hello,

I used to make baits, and through the years I collected other handmade baits. Due to health I haven’t been able to do any cranking for years now. Anyway, we are downsizing, and I decided I am going to start selling off my collection. The problem is identifying them. The Tennessee Killers and Tuffys are easy, but how to tell if similar are Blazer, Ed Chambers or someone else? I know Zoom were marked by Ed later, but not his earlier ones. My Calvin Johnson modified I know, as well as D Baits and Wee Baits. The Suddeth are pretty much clear. But there were so many cottage makers making production baits (I’m talking at least 15-25 years ago, that I don’t recall who they were by. I have a bunch that were very much handmade basement baits that I’m not sure I knew before, and likely won’t ever ID a maker for, but was hoping I could be pointed to some of the crankbait historians.Most are likely Carolina, east Tenn. or Kentucky, that was the time…

thanks,

Craig
    Last edited by Artisticangling; 03-22-2024 at 06:23 PM.

2. Member
    This is not one of my specialty areas, but I can certainly try to help point you in the right direction. Post some pics

Saw your post in WBN, Thet's going to be the best place.
    there's no scammers, Just good honest people that enjoy, build and collect balsa baits