Daiwa Certate spool compatibility - US and JDM-need help!

I (and a friend) bought Daiwa Certate LT2500S-XH JDM reels. They obviously have the shallow spool...We are interested in getting the standard depth US spool as well...I am trying to figure out of the spools are interchangeable. I called Daiwa customer service and they weren't sure if the rotors were the same and the JDM instructions are in Japanese so I can find part numbers to cross reference rotors. Does anyone know if they are the same??
    Steve

2. Member
    Generally, parts like the spools are interchangeable, but noteworthy is that the new Certate has an FC LT2500 model and a LT2500 model. You probably have the FC LT2500S-XH model. The US model must be the straight LT2500 model as the weight is 7.2 oz. vs the weight of the FC LT2500 at 6.2oz. The JDM market also has the straight LT2500 version. I'm guessing the 2 versions do not share parts. SLP has a wide array of parts, but the '24 Certate is so new its not on their lists yet.

I'm not sure why you'd want a bigger spool, I like the 2500S (shallow) spool for bass fishing. It holds the perfect amount of line (16lb braid for me) and though I can completely cast it out with the right weight (80 yards), most of my casts are under 60 yards , leaving enough line for reties and breakoffs. When its time to change line, its a lot cheaper as I only spool on what I need. Anything beyond 80 yards is basically wasted (and I doubt anyone can cast farther than that, or would want to). If you're fishing for bigger fish that have longer runs, I'd consider the "PC" version over the "LT" version (I know its available for the Exists and Airities). Those have slightly higher line capacities and the next size larger gears in the basically same 2500 footprint (gear housing slightly larger).

I would agree on the use of the shallow spool. Digitaka has taken a chunk of my money and I have grown to appreciate the simplicity of the line management. No need to put on 100ft of backing.

4. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    Generally, parts like the spools are interchangeable, but noteworthy is that the new Certate has an FC LT2500 model and a LT2500 model. You probably have the FC LT2500S-XH model. The US model must be the straight LT2500 model as the weight is 7.2 oz. vs the weight of the FC LT2500 at 6.2oz. The JDM market also has the straight LT2500 version. I'm guessing the 2 versions do not share parts. SLP has a wide array of parts, but the '24 Certate is so new its not on their lists yet.

I'm not sure why you'd want a bigger spool, I like the 2500S (shallow) spool for bass fishing. It holds the perfect amount of line (16lb braid for me) and though I can completely cast it out with the right weight (80 yards), most of my casts are under 60 yards , leaving enough line for reties and breakoffs. When its time to change line, its a lot cheaper as I only spool on what I need. Anything beyond 80 yards is basically wasted (and I doubt anyone can cast farther than that, or would want to). If you're fishing for bigger fish that have longer runs, I'd consider the "PC" version over the "LT" version (I know its available for the Exists and Airities). Those have slightly higher line capacities and the next size larger gears in the basically same 2500 footprint (gear housing slightly larger).
    I simply want both because I like the standard spool for some straight fluorocarbon applications...the standard spool does better with a .009" or .010" fluorocarbon and long casts....thanks for the advice and, for what its worth, it is the '19 version...
    Steve

5. Member
    Im going to guess that the ‘19 JDM version will have interchangeable spools with the ‘19 US version. Costs of spools (Daiwa brand) are pretty pricy though, I’d almost consider another reel at JDM prices.

6. Member
    Hedgehog Studios lists the genuine Daiwa replacement spools for the 19 Certate at $93 so it's not as bad as the Exists which typically run upwards of $180 or more.
    2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS | "Overkill is underrated!" - "Då Som Nu För Alltid"

7. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JJohnSind View Post
    Im going to guess that the ‘19 JDM version will have interchangeable spools with the ‘19 US version. Costs of spools (Daiwa brand) are pretty pricy though, I’d almost consider another reel at JDM prices.
    $76
    Steve