Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    BASS is going to have to outsource production if they want to get with the times.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

2. Member
    Production is fine, they just need better commentators when the other guys take breaks

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    I love how he says in front of Seth the horizontal movement of a sticko is far superior than the action of a jig hopping up and down. Seth looked at him like dude you don't have a clue...... When they went to break, if you listen to the audio, they said to bill twice bill, you have to go-I was dying laughing -Bill seems like a good guy, but Someone finally had to give him the hook:)
    Seth.JPG
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

4. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Have nothing against Bill but I had to turn it off while he was on. Couldn't make sense of much that he was saying.
    Last edited by GOTTA BIG SACK; 03-22-2024 at 05:12 PM.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

5. Member
    Evansville, Indiana and Eddyville, Kentucky
    Never understood why BASS thinks viewers want to hear commentating.

Show fishing and be more quiet.

6. Member
    I wish to still be going as strong as Bill at 83 and have over $4 million in net worth!

7. Member
    Evansville, Indiana and Eddyville, Kentucky
    I love Bill Dance, he is probably the reason I started fishing.

Bill dance made me turn it off until he went away.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

9. Banned
    Love Bill but yeah....

Seth is going to be telling stories about his experience with Dance for many years to come!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

11. Member
    I would like to see this ????? I missed it

12. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    You can't help but love Bill for the legend he is but he got lost in a few of his stories and they allowed it go a little too long. Seth was respectful but had that can we just get this over with look about him

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangrSkipr View Post
    You can't help but love Bill for the legend he is but he got lost in a few of his stories and they allowed it go a little too long. Seth was respectful but had that can we just get this over with look about him
    Seth was a great sport, but it carried on for almost an hour....... bass needs to look why in the hell would we want to hear about Bill dance fishing a stick-o when Hank Cherry is talking about what he's trying to do on the water during the tournament -I think I listen to the live mix for 4+ hours you would've thought they would stop the broadcasting when the classic anglers were speaking about what their techniques and tactics were and no instead just commentators would speak over the classic anglers, which made zero sense.. has to be one of the worst broadcasting coverage I've ever seen for a big level tournament

Seth was a great sport, but it carried on for almost an hour....... bass needs to look why in the hell would we want to hear about Bill dance fishing a stick-o when Hank Cherry is talking about what he's trying to do on the water during the tournament -I think I listen to the live mix for 4+ hours you would've thought they would stop the broadcasting when the classic anglers were speaking about what their techniques and tactics were and no instead just commentators would speak over the classic anglers, which made zero sense.. has to be one of the worst broadcasting coverage I've ever seen for a big level tournament
    Apparently, B.A.S.S. believes that the commentators must entertain those listening to the stream. They must assume that most listeners are newbies who need to be told what is going on, who the competitors are, and what they are doing. Perhaps they have data to back up that assumption. But, I would bet that very few who watch the live stream are newbies or novice anglers, although that assumption might be more accurate with the FS1 audience when they broadcast on TV. Those of us who religiously watch the live stream are hardcore fishermen who want to see the fishing, we don't need or want to be entertained, and we certainly don't need to be told what the anglers are doing and why. This applies 1000 times over to the Live Mix. Why does B.A.S.S. think they have to have commentators on Live Mix? I thought they instituted Live Mix for us hardcore folks who only wanted to watch the fishing?

And, one more thing...don't leave the cameramen all day with people way back in the pack! Move the cameras to the leaders boats! MLF can do it, so why can't B.A.S.S.? I have buddies who have driven camera boats in the Classic and shuttled videotape and cameramen around. I know it can be done...why they don't is just a mystery.

As a caveat, we are blessed to have live stream coverage. But, with a little tweaking, the coverage could be out of sight instead of mediocre.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

He's got some stories for sure... probably more stories than Dr Seuss
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

Agreed. I want to hear when the anglers on the water are talking.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

Bassmaster - Please for the love of all things fishing. STOP with the commentating during Live Mix. We (the collective fanbase) love to be ‘in the boat’ with these guys as it’s meant to be seen from the marshal’s point of view. Birds chirping, reels engaging, and angler banter/thoughts as they work.

Quote Originally Posted by chaseerry View Post
    Bassmaster - Please for the love of all things fishing. STOP with the commentating during Live Mix. We (the collective fanbase) love to be ‘in the boat’ with these guys as it’s meant to be seen from the marshal’s point of view. Birds chirping, reels engaging, and angler banter/thoughts as they work.
    Yes, thank you! Bill is a legend, but listening to his rambling on about shit, he has no clue what bass fishing in this century is about. "Is that a jerkbait or a topwater?" Gtfoh, yeah bill, topwater is definitely the deal on Grand this week....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12