Thread: Expride Exc77hb

Expride Exc77hb

Anyone tried this rod?
    thoughts on it , and what it’s best uses are ?
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

A rig.

One of the guys up here throws arigs for smallies swears by the original expride in that length, power, and action. I can't imagine the b is much different.

3. Member
    This rod is amazing. I used it for five consecutive days in Florida and was super happy. I originally bought it for some flipping and frogging as one pro recommended it for that. After fishing it, I realized it’s good for a ton of things. Think loomis Mbr tip with a 4.9 power backbone. I threw frogs, flipped anywhere from 3/8 to 1.5oz!, threw a six inch whacky worm, 10 inch worm, you can crank on it, chatterbait, you name it. It weighs 4.8oz

4. Member
    What about Carolina rig and or punching mats in Fl. ?
    How much difference is there between the 77hb and the 76hb ?
    Last edited by Madeintheshade; 03-23-2024 at 08:56 AM.
    2021 rt188p , Mercury 115 Pro XS CT , Croxton Razor 4XLR 22 , Z lock 4” jack plate , 8’ power pole blades

5. Member
    I can’t compare to the 7’6h, I don’t have it. It’s not a perfect mat punching rod in florida but I was able to punch 1.5oz with a gambler why not without it being too mushy, it was definitely at the top end. You certainly wouldn’t want a 1.5oz with a heavy plastic. I’d imagine it’d be good for a Carolina rig,