Boat sticker renewal

Boat sticker renewal. Just moved to Ky last year and wondering when do they mail out renewal registration for boat stickers? Or what you have to do?

2. Member
    I get a bill in the mail. It is due by the end of April. I go to my County Clerk’s office, pay the bill, they print the registration and give me the stickers. Should be showing up any time now. I haven’t received mine yet, and a friend of mine recently made a comment that he thought they may be running a tad behind due to the state switching to a new computer system.

3. Member
    Thank you! I was beginning to wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by mabren2 View Post
    I get a bill in the mail. It is due by the end of April. I go to my County Clerk’s office, pay the bill, they print the registration and give me the stickers. Should be showing up any time now. I haven’t received mine yet, and a friend of mine recently made a comment that he thought they may be running a tad behind due to the state switching to a new computer system.
    From what I'm hearing all county court clerk offices across the state are experiencing some delays with the new system. FYI to the OP when you get your bill look at the bottom right corner and there should be information on how to do a mail in payment. I'm thinking it cost a extra $2 to go that route. I've used it before on my boat and vehicles. I just write a check and put in in my mailbox and about a week later I get my registration papers in the mail. For some the $2 may be an inconvenience fee but for me it saves me having to make a trip the courthouse.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    From what I'm hearing all county court clerk offices across the state are experiencing some delays with the new system. FYI to the OP when you get your bill look at the bottom right corner and there should be information on how to do a mail in payment. I'm thinking it cost a extra $2 to go that route. I've used it before on my boat and vehicles. I just write a check and put in in my mailbox and about a week later I get my registration papers in the mail. For some the $2 may be an inconvenience fee but for me it saves me having to make a trip the courthouse.
    Yes, sir i usually go those directions also.

6. Member
    Seems like the notices used to show up in early-mid March. I haven't got mine yet. I'm sure it is related to the system change.

Has anybody got theirs yet?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeky View Post
    Seems like the notices used to show up in early-mid March. I haven't got mine yet. I'm sure it is related to the system change.

Has anybody got theirs yet?
    No, i got the one for my trailer but now my boat, in Calloway Co

8. Member
    I just called the clerk's office, the lady told me that Frankfort is not going to mail them out this year. I will have to remember to get mine. I tried the online thing and the website said "Your registration cannot be renewed online. Please contact your county clerk".

My birthday is in April. I have not got any renewal cards for any vehicles. I did get the three for trailers, work trailer, pontoon boat trailer and my crappie boat trailer. Guess I will call Monday to get the scoop. I’m missing two trucks and four boats.

10. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    I typically get mine mid March but this year they was running later. As someone previously mentioned there is some delays with the new system in Frankfort, thus causing them to be sent out later. I received mine today (4/8) and as I said in my earlier reply there is a place on the bottom right that gives directs on what/how to pay buy mail. Some may not like the option of paying a extra $2 but its a convivence fee I'm willing to pay if it means not having to go out of my way to make a trip to the Clerk's office.
    Last edited by JR19; 04-09-2024 at 02:38 PM.

11. Member
    got mine yesterday

12. Member
    Got mine yesterday also, 695.00 for a boat, killing me guys!!!!

I renewed mine back in March. I go to the Marshall County Clerk's office in Benton. I get my boat registration and fishing license at the same time. The people there are great to deal with and good lookin' too!