setting up an electronics delete boat

It will be a few weeks before I will even have my boat, but I am trying to plan out how I am going to mount all of my electronics. I will be doing this in an 818 Pro and I did order the additional wiring harness. I also ordered the boat with the Garmin Force trolling motor. I will be mounting a Garmin 106 on the console and on the bow. I have ordered a Rite Hite Turret for my Livescope transducer. My question is where did you guys mount your black box and does anyone have any pictures or videos of your set ups? Just really trying to get ideas of the best way to do the job right without having to cut/drill too many holes in my new boat.
    Thanks in advance.
    Brett A

2. Member
    My black box is mounted in the starboard rod locker on the gunnel side I can take a picture when I get home tonight.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by born 2 fish View Post
    My black box is mounted in the starboard rod locker on the gunnel side I can take a picture when I get home tonight.
    That would be great. Thanks!

Funny you should ask. I will take possession of my 818 toward the end of Next week. Like you I ordered my boat without electronics. I had the boat pre wired for Garmins with the LVS34. That included Nema, Ethernet and transducers all installed at the factory. Also ordered the E2 wiring harness to make things easy.
    Im going dual graphs up front so I bought the Boatefx mount. I have not decided on how I will mount the console graph yet.
    My searching has shown that most mount the black box in the starboard rod locker. The wiring harness buss is in the same area. Makes that install pretty easy.
    I can take pictures as I go and post them here if that helps any one.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Funny you should ask. I will take possession of my 818 toward the end of Next week. Like you I ordered my boat without electronics. I had the boat pre wired for Garmins with the LVS34. That included Nema, Ethernet and transducers all installed at the factory. Also ordered the E2 wiring harness to make things easy.
    Im going dual graphs up front so I bought the Boatefx mount. I have not decided on how I will mount the console graph yet.
    My searching has shown that most mount the black box in the starboard rod locker. The wiring harness buss is in the same area. Makes that install pretty easy.
    I can take pictures as I go and post them here if that helps any one.
    I will definitely be following to see what you do. I was told by the dealer I ordered through, that they could mount my transducers. I really don't want any holes drilled in my hull. The trolling motor will have side and down imaging. I was thinking about have an in hull transducer for depth while running, but can't decide if I want another transducer for down/side imaging mounted on the transom.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett A View Post
    I will definitely be following to see what you do. I was told by the dealer I ordered through, that they could mount my transducers. I really don't want any holes drilled in my hull. The trolling motor will have side and down imaging. I was thinking about have an in hull transducer for depth while running, but can't decide if I want another transducer for down/side imaging mounted on the transom.
    If you don’t want to drill holes in the transom mount your transducer on a Jack plate mount.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by born 2 fish View Post
    If you don’t want to drill holes in the transom mount your transducer on a Jack plate mount.
    Do you have a picture of this set up?

8. Member
    I don’t mine is mounted to my transom. But a quick search should show some.
    https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...HDRSC3&first=1
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat

9. Member
    Here is how mine was done it’s grounded to the panel but it’s powered off a 50 ah Ionic lithium along with my 1222.
    1A573FE8-4D72-4424-AA78-C9830AB62A3E.jpeg E61726A7-D1F6-4D45-B77D-DB58E1491095.jpeg
    Last edited by born 2 fish; 03-22-2024 at 03:30 PM.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Place your image ducer on jackplate.....either e side mount or under the hole shot plate (if you have one)....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

11. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Here is mine.....i have the Z Lock plate with a hole shot plate at bottom so i went with the wedge and bracket.....of course it depends on your JP, and what bracket setup....its a little extra money but well worth it and no extra holes drilled in the transom......IMO....

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Here is mine.....i have the Z Lock plate with a hole shot plate at bottom so i went with the wedge and bracket.....of course it depends on your JP, and what bracket setup....its a little extra money but well worth it and no extra holes drilled in the transom......IMO....

Looks like money well spent. Thanks for sharing. I think this is the way I will go.

13. Member
    Anybody care to show me pictures of their bow mounts or console mounts?
    Thanks!

14. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Here is my dual bow mount. Double 10" units. Console i have a single 12"..... have to get that pic later.

15. Member
    Here is mine two Helix 10’s on the factory dual dash shroud.
    And a 12” garmin and a 7” for now Helix on a bass boat technologies dual stack mount.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by born 2 fish; 04-03-2024 at 04:27 PM.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro

pond boat

IMG_4283.jpegIMG_4284.jpeg

BoatEFX dual bow mount. It’s solid.
    Black box in the starboard rod locker. The poly spacers are to allow the box to sit flat. The Locker panel has a slight radius to it. I’m running an Ionic 125 starting/House battery. Stock 10 gauge wire is almost zero voltage drop at the console and .4 loss at the bow. I installed a buss bar at the bow to connect my 106 SV’s too.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post

I have something similar from Transducer Shield and Saver for my HB Side Imaging Transducer. Works great and rock solid.