Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Video of Harris Toyota accident

You have to look in the comments for the video
    https://www.facebook.com/PaybackBass

From the view of the co angler in the boat that got run over
    Not the best view and you don’t see the actual event as he put his phone down but you hear it but it does tell a story

First the boat that got run over was on plane and was run over when it came off plane

Second the driver of the boat that ran them over was still just sitting in his seat after they stopped not getting up to see if others are ok
    "The handicapped angler"

I couldn't find it in the comments. There's a big thread about it on the mlf link finder page full of nasty comments about both boat captains, good reading.

3. Member
    So both boats were running a no wake zone?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    I couldn't find it in the comments. There's a big thread about it on the mlf link finder page full of nasty comments about both boat captains, good reading.
    It's' not hard to find, go in the comments under the pic of the accident scene.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Member
    From the co-angler. "I was reporting this believe me or not. I run one of the biggest trails in Michigan. My boater Mark Succi from GA. Should never fish a organized tournament again period. He also passed several boats in the No wake in the morning. He is nothing but a loud mouth cheater. That runs his mouth all day long and could care less about rules or people". I would not want to be the boater this morning. His name is now doo doo!
    Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Member
    Holy crap...guy coulda reached out and grabbed some reeds...friggin idiot

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone357 View Post
    From the co-angler. "I was reporting this believe me or not. I run one of the biggest trails in Michigan. My boater Mark Succi from GA. Should never fish a organized tournament again period. He also passed several boats in the No wake in the morning. He is nothing but a loud mouth cheater. That runs his mouth all day long and could care less about rules or people". I would not want to be the boater this morning. His name is now doo doo!
    So did he tell the TD and does MLF care? Send video to local water patrol office of the infraction and I bet some fines are levied as well as some other stuff maybe.

8. Member
    Yamaha 250 SHO

9. Member
    Unless something drastic is done about seriously punishing boaters like this, more of these near-fatal crashes will happen. There's exponentially more kayakers, paddleboarders, etc on the water and I guarantee there are exponentially more drivers who should not be allowed behind the wheel, no matter what age.
    What a jackmule running WOT down that canal. As his co mentioned, the driver should never, ever be allowed to be on the water in a motorized watercraft ever again. Does anyone think he's going to change his behavior? I cannot even imagine what it was like for the guys in the boat that got run over.

10. Member
    I’m not a Sue happy person but this is a case of pure negligence and
    I would sue the hell out of the guy. Especially after his co-angler said
    what he did about him. These guy’s have no respect for others.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AMSDJS View Post
    Unless something drastic is done about seriously punishing boaters like this, more of these near-fatal crashes will happen. There's exponentially more kayakers, paddleboarders, etc on the water and I guarantee there are exponentially more drivers who should not be allowed behind the wheel, no matter what age.
    What a jackmule running WOT down that canal. As his co mentioned, the driver should never, ever be allowed to be on the water in a motorized watercraft ever again. Does anyone think he's going to change his behavior? I cannot even imagine what it was like for the guys in the boat that got run over.
    Nope!
    Hi Mike.

12. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    I know its the boaters boat, but as a co I would have been all over his ass before it got to that point. So much so that I would have said let me out at the next dock and I'll find a ride back to my truck.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangrSkipr View Post
    I know its the boaters boat, but as a co I would have been all over his ass before it got to that point. So much so that I would have said let me out at the next dock and I'll find a ride back to my truck.
    Yep! And I would have been on the phone to the authorities and the TD and grandma and probably grandpa too. I might have called the local news and had them come down for an article.
    Hi Mike.

I don't know enough about that canal to know if they were in the no wake zone or not but you can tell from the video that the boat that got run over had been off plane plenty long enough that there's no excuse for the guy behind them to not have seen them and had plenty of time to react. Who runs behind someone in a canal and doesn't pay attention to the boat in front of them?? What else are you looking at? GPS, depth? There's nothing that important on your graph, its a freaking canal.
    2021 Ranger Z519 Mercury 225 Pro XS Four Stroke

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Dudes would shit their pants if they saw all the crap that goes on around here lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    Dudes would shit their pants if they saw all the crap that goes on around here lol.
    No kidding!!! I've had some close calls in the creeks off the Ohio River running wfo across the flats so I didn't get stuck.

Video is there, scroll down in comments. Doesn't show the acutal incident, just some running in the canal leading up to it. Co puts the camera down - likely as they were coming up to the RR bridge and curves... I suspect he put camera down to grab the grab handle. Anyway a few seconds later you hear the driver say something about he came off plane fast or something to that effect - then the oh Sh!t moment, and some dialog afterwards.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    So did he tell the TD and does MLF care? Send video to local water patrol office of the infraction and I bet some fines are levied as well as some other stuff maybe.
    It doesn’t appear he’s holding anything back about that idiot boater so is there any doubt that he has given the TD an earful?

The Egomaniac has been DQd but that’s the least of his problems as there will likely be penalties for his actions on the water plus possible civil action from the injured parties.

The Co is letting the rest of the fishing world know about it while using colorful language so don’t see anyone including the MLF trying covering this up.

A Tournament Organization is a business and when something like this happens that creates possible liability for your Business.You let the legal process proceed with the law enforcement’s investigation because it’s they who decide what charges are to be filed and the District Attorney will decide whether to prosecute.

Then the MLF can temporarily ban this guy from all MLF events until the investigation is complete and make it permanent in the future while hoping they are not part of a Civil Action because of his reckless actions.

19. Member
    So is the entire canal no wake or just certain areas?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    It doesn’t appear he’s holding anything back about that idiot boater so is there any doubt that he has given the TD an earful?

The Egomaniac has been DQd but that’s the least of his problems as there will likely be penalties for his actions on the water plus possible civil action from the injured parties.

The Co is letting the rest of the fishing world know about it while using colorful language so don’t see anyone including the MLF trying covering this up.

A Tournament Organization is a business and when something like this happens that creates possible liability for your Business.You let the legal process proceed with the law enforcement’s investigation because it’s they who decide what charges are to be filed and the District Attorney will decide whether to prosecute.

Then the MLF can temporarily ban this guy from all MLF events until the investigation is complete and make it permanent in the future while hoping they are not part of a Civil Action because of his reckless actions.
    MLF might indeed be part of a civil suit. I know it sounds like a stretch, but attorneys will go where the money is and MLF has more money than the individuals who are directly responsible. And, if the plaintiff's attorney can establish that MFL has historically been lax in enforcing safety rules, they could beheld partially liable. MLF better hope that the plaintiff's attorney isn't allowed to introduce evidence that MLF has been lax in enforcing a lot of their rules, rather than just safety rules, or they'll be sunk!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast