Thread: #FIRE CAL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    Maybe that was a heck of a KY team. They had a higher payroll that year than the Pacers.
    Maybe so, it was lovely watching them absolutely destroy Indiana in the tournament tho after a lucky shot at home

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BP in ME View Post
    Dang, you seem to have an opinion on the subject. Quit holding back and tell us what you think.

Opinion.. that's all. It would be most inappropriate to say what I really think. No need in getting banned from BBC over this topic for sure.

3. Member
    The one and done team is done. Boys playing 5th year battle hardened men. Experience matters. Calipari needs to change the make-up of his teams. Not sure firing him gets you more wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Amistad Tackle View Post
    The one and done team is done. Boys playing 5th year battle hardened men. Experience matters. Calipari needs to change the make-up of his teams.
    It never was a great strategy overall to begin with. How many true one and done teams have won an ncaa? I can think of three but that’s a stretch even because one of them was a Ky team with a senior team captain and 4 sophomores and a jr that took down the nets. The other most prominent in my mind was with duke but they still had a mix as well

Quote Originally Posted by Gsmith223 View Post
    Maybe that was a heck of a KY team. They had a higher payroll that year than the Pacers.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Gray View Post
    This is not true. The kids always listen to Cal's Speel.. He tells them he is the quickest path being an NBA lottery draft pic. He's not lying to them and he does deliver. The NBA all star game was pretty much a UK who's who. He gets the talent. That gift is UK & it's fans problem.. With the transfer portal and NIL money, a lot of lower draft picks are now staying in college and graduating, because there's good money in it, some playing for up to 5 years. These experienced guys roast even the most talented freshman in big games. That is Cal's issue now.
    Tell that to my boys who think I'm the joke for watching this trainwreck. I'm talking about the "normal kids" watching and dreaming for playing at UK...UK is losing fans by the decades.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouBoogie View Post
    Tell that to my boys who think I'm the joke for watching this trainwreck. I'm talking about the "normal kids" watching and dreaming for playing at UK...UK is losing fans by the decades.
    Dude my family used to be hardcore UK fans, we really don’t give a crap anymore. It’s the same crap and same excuses every year. He has done less with more talent than I ever thought possible lol and I used to smoke the herb that he peddles every night on TV
    I watched 2 games this year. I didn’t even tune into the NCAA loss last night lol. But I predicted it

Time just to go shopping with a $mil of NIL money for the starting positions, to bring in the best experience players.

The days of the best high school recruits that pan out, hanging around long enough to gain valuable experience for successful tournament runs are over.
    Calipari said, "I've done this with young teams my whole career, and it's going to be hard for me to change that, because we've helped so many young people and their families that I don't see myself just saying, 'OK, we're not going to recruit freshmen'".

Fans don't give a crap about bringing in educating, and developing young players. Major Division 1 "college athletics" is a farce. Show me the money, not the curriculum. "Just Win Baby".

Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    Time just to go shopping with a $mil of NIL money for the starting positions, to bring in the best experience players.

The days of the best high school recruits that pan out, hanging around long enough to gain valuable experience for successful tournament runs are over.
    Calipari said, "I've done this with young teams my whole career, and it's going to be hard for me to change that, because we've helped so many young people and their families that I don't see myself just saying, 'OK, we're not going to recruit freshmen'".

Fans don't give a crap about bringing in educating, and developing young players. Major Division 1 "college athletics" is a farce. Show me the money, not the curriculum. "Just Win Baby".
    There is a reason Jay Wright, Coach K and Roy Williams all walked away that close together
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

10. Member
    College sports pretty much suck these days...personally will never watch another game
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardrig View Post
    I get so sick of this question! College basketball is MUCH MUCH bigger than Calapari. People think he is a GOD or some shi*****. College basketball is full of COACHES.... key word here being COACHES. Rest assured there would be a long list of basketball coaches to wade through upon choosing the next coach. Calapari is one of if not the best RECRUITER in the sport. But damn he cannot put a winning team on the floor.
    The question is still there.

12. Member
    I grew up with John, quit picking on him!!!

13. Member
    Reed is bigger than Cal in KY. Cal can’t stand that

Hit me like a brick a hour ago. What if Reed transferred to play for Pitino?????

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123