Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MadYakker View Post
    I'm thinking I wouldn't care if some rando didn't sign up- and will still shake my head at them playing a Felicia on the boards announcing that they won't sign up and announcing their departure- all the while not ever having to back that up, because people still won't care until the numbers reflect a whole lot more than 1 Felicia not signing up.
    What is a Felicia?

Quote Originally Posted by Okie74133 View Post
    I just noticed Randy has a new video up where he refers to people using FFS as having "umbilical cords." He's firing back at his critics because apparently some are calling him a crybaby. So now he references them as "spotlighters". Everybody is entitled to an opinion on the matter, but it's becoming his obsession and his identity. Typically when that happens people start tuning out. Having concerns is one thing, but it's way too early in the game to start being radical about it. Chill out Randy!
    It's how he makes a living, so as long as people keep viewing the vids, he'll keep making them.

3. Member
    Now Hank is opposed to taking the work out of the game? Say it isn’t so.

Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Now Hank is opposed to taking the work out of the game? Say it isn’t so.

Well, if we're honest, a simple deer feeder violates "fair chase" too. This is indeed a very slippery slope when you delve into it.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    See post #188.
    I saw it and didn't think much of it. Just because you say the sky is green, it doesn't make it true. The invention of the trolling motor was a way bigger advancement in fishing than ffs. Otherwise, what would you do to position your boat, paddle?
    My point is, when these guys were younger, they embraced change and advances. Heck, in 1980, Hank and Randy would've installed a livescope and kept it a secret from everyone for 10 years if they could. The pros kept everything a secret back then.

Quote Originally Posted by mjkoutdoors View Post
    I saw it and didn't think much of it. Just because you say the sky is green, it doesn't make it true. The invention of the trolling motor was a way bigger advancement in fishing than ffs. Otherwise, what would you do to position your boat, paddle?
    My point is, when these guys were younger, they embraced change and advances. Heck, in 1980, Hank and Randy would've installed a livescope and kept it a secret from everyone for 10 years if they could. The pros kept everything a secret back then.
    That's a good point, if they were 19 today, they'd be all over it.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot-a-saurus View Post
    What is a Felicia?
    The Urban Dictionary is your friend. I have it bookmarked and use it often.

Urban Dictionary: bye felicia

The Urban Dictionary is your friend. I have it bookmarked and use it often.

Urban Dictionary: bye felicia
    I knew what it was, I don’t understand how you try to use logic and then stoop to juvenile name calling. It doesn’t help anyone or challenge their thinking on the subject. You are absolutely free to do it, at least to what the mods allow. It doesn’t really affect anyone other than making them biased against whatever you say. They just tune you out tbh, not trying to be your dad, but figured I’d put it out there. It’s best to not kick your milk bucket over by stooping to childish insults after trying to make a sound and logical argument.

Again, I support your free speech but it doesn’t make it free from consequence, and one is people ignoring you after calling them “a bitch who leaves and nobody cares” according to your linked definition

Kind of flies in the face of some of your rather well thought out responses in this and other threads

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spot-a-saurus View Post
    I knew what it was, I don’t understand how you try to use logic and then stoop to juvenile name calling. It doesn’t help anyone or challenge their thinking on the subject. You are absolutely free to do it, at least to what the mods allow. It doesn’t really affect anyone other than making them biased against whatever you say. They just tune you out tbh, not trying to be your dad, but figured I’d put it out there. It’s best to not kick your milk bucket over by stooping to childish insults after trying to make a sound and logical argument.

Again, I support your free speech but it doesn’t make it free from consequence, and one is people ignoring you after calling them “a bitch who leaves and nobody cares” according to your linked definition

Kind of flies in the face of some of your rather well thought out responses in this and other threads
    Sounds like a bunch of "situational outrage". I hardly call that term "name calling" it is common phrase/meme for people who threaten to leave any situation, website, etc. What purpose did you have for pretending to not know what it meant? I gave you a commonly used website link and then you post clipped genuine epithets from it-those words are why I didn't cut and paste the content itself. I didn't write the definition- I referred to the website for the general meaning. It is a lot less offensive than the names people call the older generation on these threads every day-which are genuinely considered discriminatory and bigoted by the law and the workplace EEOC policy. I doubt the term "bye Felicia" falls within those laws.

Sounds like a bunch of "situational outrage". I hardly call that term "name calling" it is common phrase/meme for people who threaten to leave any situation, website, etc. What purpose did you have for pretending to not know what it meant? I gave you a commonly used website link and then you post clipped genuine epithets from it-those words are why I didn't cut and paste the content itself. I didn't write the definition- I referred to the website for the general meaning. It is a lot less offensive than the names people call the older generation on these threads every day-which are genuinely considered discriminatory and bigoted by the law and the workplace EEOC policy. I doubt the term "bye Felicia" falls within those laws.
    I’m 34, my gen coined the phrase and I doubted older guys knew what it meant. What’s it matter if you say it or backhandedly say, I said this name, follow the link to see what I called you lol. Anyway let’s just move on I guess. Not much common ground here obviously.

11. Member
    "The playing field is not level with FFS", about the 24 min mark. Money has been part of this since there have been electronics. I vividly recall a few of the guys in my club back in the late 90's sporting the then new paper graphs while most of us were lucky to have a HB Super 30 or 60. I did NOT have the money for a dang paper graph and the high schoolers were still fishing with dad as a team.

To be totally honest I have never used, nor has anyone I have fished with used FFS to load the boat. It's obviously happening, but I just don't see it as big an issue as I read on the net. You can bet...NO MATTER how much money and regulations are set aside for this, that someone will ALWAYS have the top of the line boat, electronics, and gear while the rest scramble trying to keep up with the Jones.

12. Member
    I have fished since 1980. FFS is a game changer. Most of the guys here throw the A-rig then small baits. They are taking all the money. Either learn it or donate. The days of finding a rough spot with graph figuring out how to crank or drag it are about over. I thought the Classic weigh in was about as bad as a Super bowl halftime show. The Classic doesn't need Basstrax , kinda anti climatic weigh IMHO.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    I feel just the opposite. Could care less what a Pro uses, could have 6 units on his free boat. This technology is like no other, and our Fisheries will pay a price. We always had bass coming and going, staying out over deeper water suspended. Now, those fish will be targeted ....
    It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out the negative impact it’s already had.
    A device that pinpoints Bass in freshwater has no place in competitive Bass Fishing.
    Its dominating the outcome of all these tournaments.
    If you need that to find Bass , you’re not that good at your sport!
    Sorry ! Hard Facts !
    2008 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Evinrude 250

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcoast Bassin View Post
    It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out the negative impact it’s already had.
    A device that pinpoints Bass in freshwater has no place in competitive Bass Fishing.
    Sorry ! Hard Facts !
    Is there's one positive thing to say about FFS it would be that it has given an excuse to all the guys that aren't winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Southcoast Bassin View Post
    Sorry ! Hard Facts !

What negative impact is FFS causing to lakes and bass? Please provide some factual content if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    What negative impact is FFS causing to lakes and bass? Please provide some factual content if possible.
    He's been drinking Randy's kool-aid.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DMart1 View Post
    Spot on sir.

FFS is more of the electronic equivalent to an underwater camera. There’s a reason they are banned on the Elite series.
    This a a great point!!! Spot on here 100%
    2008 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Evinrude 250

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie74133 View Post
    Is there's one positive thing to say about FFS it would be that it has given an excuse to all the guys that aren't winning.

What if I have it and still suck, what can I use for an excuse then???

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    He's been drinking Randy's kool-aid.

I keep hearing about the damage it's causing to bass and to the fisheries but there is never any factual data given. Just opinions.

The impact to a fish is no different when caught with or without FFS.

Here is a non FFS tournament.

https://touringanglersassociation.com/

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast