Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar

Post Single pump for 2 PP.....

Not sure if this has been covered or not......saw that PP now has a single pump that will run two poles.....can it replace current pumps on blades?? I'm sure if only for the CM2.0 blades.....should give guys a little more room in the back with one less pump......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

2. BBC SPONSOR
    The new Power Pole ONE Pump has been released in both 8' and 10' BLADES at this time. I don't see any reason why it cannot be used as a replacement. Price will be a factor and considering all ONE Pumps will be going out the door married to dual BLADES I am sure it will be some time before the pump alone is available. There are some benefits to still running dual pumps.

Link to Power Pole Blade ONE Pump.

https://hydrillagear.com/products/po...40520354136158

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Not sure if this has been covered or not......saw that PP now has a single pump that will run two poles.....can it replace current pumps on blades?? I'm sure if only for the CM2.0 blades.....should give guys a little more room in the back with one less pump......
    The "One Pump" pump alone will not be sold seperately for min of a year plus. only way to get a one pump is to order the complete system with the blades

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrilla Gear View Post
    There are some benefits to still running dual pumps.

Link to Power Pole Blade ONE Pump.

https://hydrillagear.com/products/po...40520354136158
    And those benefits are??

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Dual pumps = redundancy.. If for whatever reason a pump goes out you have another oporating pump / functional anchor to finish your day out with.

Dual pumps you can cycle between port or starboard if needed like when fishing tight to docks. The ONE Pump does not allow for this feature. For my style fishing both of my poles are either going up or down. I have no reason to cycle between the two.

Dual pumps each Power Pole will deploy until the pump senses lake bottom and turn off. WIth the ONE Pump lets say (in a perfect scenario) the port side of the boat is in 4' of water and the starboard side is in 6' of water. When the port anchor hits bottom it will kick the pump off leaving the starboard side short from contacting bottom.. You may need to tap the down button again sending the starboard side anchor deeper. Being that the New ONE pump was just released I have not had time on the water with it enough to see just how much this situation will come into play or if I will even notice it. I suppose it depends on the bodies of water you fish. The lakes I fish have a pretty consistent bottom and do not very much within the spread of deployment

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrilla Gear View Post
    Dual pumps = redundancy.. If for whatever reason a pump goes out you have another oporating pump / functional anchor to finish your day out with.

Dual pumps you can cycle between port or starboard if needed like when fishing tight to docks. The ONE Pump does not allow for this feature. For my style fishing both of my poles are either going up or down. I have no reason to cycle between the two.

Dual pumps each Power Pole will deploy until the pump senses lake bottom and turn off. WIth the ONE Pump lets say (in a perfect scenario) the port side of the boat is in 4' of water and the starboard side is in 6' of water. When the port anchor hits bottom it will kick the pump off leaving the starboard side short from contacting bottom.. You may need to tap the down button again sending the starboard side anchor deeper. Being that the New ONE pump was just released I have not had time on the water with it enough to see just how much this situation will come into play or if I will even notice it. I suppose it depends on the bodies of water you fish. The lakes I fish have a pretty consistent bottom and do not very much within the spread of deployment
    Yep. All reasons why I'm staying with 2.
    Chad St. Pierre
    Paulina LA 70763

7. Member
    I actually just finished getting my fittings hoses and valves in so that in a pinch should one of my 2 pumps not function I can turn a few shutoff valves and run the other pole from the one remaining pump. Seems a bit of overkill but other than cracking open a fitting and manually forcing the cylinder back in dumping that oil out, how else would you be able to get the pole back in a position to be able to run without it dragging in the water. Spent about 60 bucks total for the complete set up and it should only take me about 20 minutes to install and test.