Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Swivel Eze seat post

My last OEM seat post died today! It was a Swivel Eze P3000. Does anyone know if a Swivel Eze SP- 39204 will work on my 2001 Champion 196 Elite? Thanks in advance!

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Seen this? Replacing gas cly in snap lock pedestals I've replaced 2 so far.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Thank you very much!

4. Member
    Where did you find the replacement shock?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSharky00 View Post
    Much appreciated!

7. Member
    What type / brand screwdriver did you guys use to remove that clip? I am thinking of a Harbor Freight 16 in screwdriver? I am not sure about the 45 degree bend though? Any advice would be appreciated.

8. Member
    Also, what's the trick to get that clip back on if I ever get the old clip off? LMFAO!

9. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Go to Harbor Freight and get the cheap set of long screwdrivers and bend the flat blade over about 1/4". You'll also need a little LED flashlight and a buddy to hold the pedestal.

I forget which set I bought. When I get a chance I'll measure it.

2 Piece 16" Go Thru Screwdriver Set (harborfreight.com)

22 In. Long Reach Screwdriver Set, 2 Piece (harborfreight.com)

10. Member
    Go to Harbor Freight and get the cheap set of long screwdrivers and bend the flat blade over about 1/4". You'll also need a little LED flashlight and a buddy to hold the pedestal.

I forget which set I bought. When I get a chance I'll measure it.

2 Piece 16" Go Thru Screwdriver Set (harborfreight.com)

22 In. Long Reach Screwdriver Set, 2 Piece (harborfreight.com)

11. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Champ 2001, I went out and looked and I have the 22" set. You'll have to heat the tip up with a torch before you can bend it and use a benchvise.

20240327_113035.jpg 20240327_113047.jpg

12. Member
    Tx Champ! Your the man! Got that same set from HB yesterday. Raining today, but will get that thing bent asap! Also when I'm reinstalling the clip I guess just drop it in there and maneuver it back on there? Is there a washer under that clip? Sorry for all the questions! I am waiting to get the old one removed to make sure I order the right size strut. Appreciate all your help!!

13. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    No washer that I recall. Slip the clip on the screwdriver so there is no interference with the hole or slot. If you're lucky you can get it on 1st try. I was able to get it started then pry it on to lock it. Second set of hands is a must to hold the pedestal and flashlight.

14. Member
    No washer that I recall. Slip the clip on the screwdriver so there is no interference with the hole or slot. If you're lucky you can get it on 1st try. I was able to get it started then pry it on to lock it. Second set of hands is a must to hold the pedestal and flashlight.
    Thanks again ! Great tips and much appreciated!!

15. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ 2001 View Post
    Thanks again ! Great tips and much appreciated!!
    You're welcome!

16. Member
    OK! After a little work and frustration, I got that pesky clip removed and everything is disassembled! The old cylinder is a Suspa brand with DIN 4550 -4 stamped on it . Type 17-04- 19 Class 4. Total length extended is 18.5 inches. Tx Champ do you have a replacement link that would be a suitable substitute?

17. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I've replaced the gas cylinder in only one of my tall pedestals. The inner cylinder has a minute bit of slop in the bushing at the top of the pedestal, but not really noticeable. I've got another gas cylinder for another pedestal that I haven't tried yet, so don't know it works any better or not. The one I rebuilt didn't have any information stamped on the cylinder, so I had to just go by measurements.

Amazon.com : DOZYANT 6" Long Stroke Office Chair Gas Lift Cylinder Replacement,Hydraulic Pneumatic Shock Piston Heavy Duty (450 lbs) for Tall Person Universal Size Fits Most Executive Chairs, Highest End Class 4 : Office Products -- First one I ordered and am using now. The inner cylinder diameter on this one is 1.1", Compressed length is 11.2" and extended length is 17.2"

MySit 5.5" Office Chair Gas Lift Cylinder Replacement Parts, Heavy Duty 450lbs Long Stroke Hydraulic Pneumatic Shock Piston Universal Size Fits Most Executive Chairs, Gaming Chair, Class 4 (amazon.com) -- Second one I ordered that I haven't used yet. The inner cylinder is also 1.1" on this one. Compressed length is 11.5" and extended is 17".

The inner cylinder diameter of 1.1" is where the slop is between the inner cylinder and the bushing in the top of the pedestal. I don't recall what I measured the hole to be, (this was in Nov 2020) but I cut a shim to wrap around the inner cylinder that appeared was going to work just right but it came out first time I raised the seat. I looked on Suspa's web site but didn't see anything close to what got off your cylinder.

18. Member
    Thanks buddy! Much appreciated! Will let you know how it turns out!

19. Member
    Does anyone know if this can be done WITHOUT removing the seat post? Mine are stuck bad!

20. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Y. View Post
    Does anyone know if this can be done WITHOUT removing the seat post? Mine are stuck bad!
    No because access to the retaining clip is through the bottom of the pedestal.

Use some type of penetrating oil on the pedestal to keep it away from the carpet. I use a strap wrench I got at Lowes. Kobalt makes one as does Craftsman. You want the biggest they have. Let the oil soak a bit the get the strap wrench on. Best to have a buddy to apply some outward lift on the seat as you're turning. Once you get it going, it WILL come out. I then use a DeWalt 2" flap sander in 80 grit to releave the base some. Don't get too aggressive, you can over do it. Don't ask how I know. Then I use a 180 grit to smooth it up.

stuck seats in my 203 2000.... (bbcboards.net) post#9
    2001 196 Pedestal questions (bbcboards.net) post #6
    Seat pedestal stuck. (bbcboards.net) post #5
    Last edited by Tx Champ; 03-29-2024 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Fixed links to other posts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast