Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Awesome! Thank you!

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Chris, I fixed the hyperlinks to the other stuck pedestal posts.

stuck seats in my 203 2000.... (bbcboards.net) post #9
    2001 196 Pedestal questions (bbcboards.net) post #6
    Seat pedestal stuck. (bbcboards.net) post #5

A couple of other notes ...
    1. Contrary to what some may say,
    don't use a jack. You might pull the cylinder out damaging the retaining clip.
    2. Again, contrary to what others may say, don't use a pipe wrench unless you want to really booger up you pedestal.

Give it time to let the oil do its job then get the pedestal rotating with the strap wrench. Once it is rotating, it will come out. As I mentioned, have a buddy handy to lift up on the seat as you turn the pedestal.
    Last edited by Tx Champ; 03-29-2024 at 02:08 PM.

3. Member
    Update on gas cylinder replacement. Got the new cylinder yesterday and installed it today. Went smooth except for the retaining clip that was a bear removing. Thank you to Tx Champ and others for your advice! This forum ROCKS!

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ 2001 View Post
    Update on gas cylinder replacement. Got the new cylinder yesterday and installed it today. Went smooth except for the retaining clip that was a bear removing. Thank you to Tx Champ and others for your advice! This forum ROCKS!
    Yeah, getting the clip back on is a bear. Now you know why a recommended the extra hands. Glad you got it fixed up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12