Thread: Nitro Boat Seat

Nitro Boat Seat

Besides taking the seat to a place to have it worked on, is there any suggestions on what to do in the mean time to slow down the ripping of a Nitro Boat Seat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I have the exact same thing happening to my drivers seat as well. No idea either as to how to slow it down.
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

3. Member
    Here is my .02 on this issue. You can have upholstery shop repair it, usually aint cheap, had it done on a ranger before. You can buy a repair kit with needle, thread, etc for repairing vinyl seats, DIY. I also try and keep my stitching/threads on my Nitro from drying out and sun damage with 303 cleaner and protectant, applied liberally.

Number one thing I have learned to save these seats. Is do not use the top of the seat to support yourself getting up, getting into storage boxes, or livewells. If you put weight on the top they will tear eventually. Its hard not too, but so many of my COs use the top of the seat for support when sitting down. they will twist there hand, with weight on it, on the top where the letters are, to sit down.

Hurts me everytime I see this. And I try not to be that guy..

Definitely a candidate for a redesign.

As for repair upholstery shop is the only answer I have.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Member
    Cover the rip with clear gorilla tape. 3M used to sell clear vinyl repair tape that did the same thing but the gorilla tape is better.

https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Cryst...=sr_1_3?sr=8-3

Obviously, this is not a permanent solution, but I've had this tape hold for several years.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

6. Member
    Flex tape

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iron havoc View Post
    Here is my .02 on this issue. You can have upholstery shop repair it, usually aint cheap, had it done on a ranger before. You can buy a repair kit with needle, thread, etc for repairing vinyl seats, DIY. I also try and keep my stitching/threads on my Nitro from drying out and sun damage with 303 cleaner and protectant, applied liberally.
    This^^