Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angle for landscape mode

How are you all determining the angle for the transducer for landscape mode?

Is anyone using it with Target Lock?

I use 1 click down from horizontal typically and the broadcast window is on the bottom. Yes I use it with Target Lock.
    For deeper than 10' I use two clicks down.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    It depends on the depth you are fishing and how you are using Landscape Mode. I'm typically 1 click down from horizontal (the top "L" marking) or 2 clicks down from Horizontal.

You might want to take a look at my tutorial videos on using Landscape Mode. My YouTube Channel is https://youtube.com/user/slydoggietn
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

5. Member
    I set mine about 98 degrees in shallow water 4 feet to 10 feet and a range of 35.

about 103 degrees for deep water, 11-25 and range of 60 feet.

I dont have any clicks on my mount its infinitely adjustable with friction.

6. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahomee View Post
    I set mine about 98 degrees in shallow water 4 feet to 10 feet and a range of 35.

about 103 degrees for deep water, 11-25 and range of 60 feet.

I dont have any clicks on my mount its infinitely adjustable with friction.
    Wait... I'm totally confused. Are you talking about Mega Live? The mount has "clicks" every 10 degrees and it isn't possible to have it at anything other than 10 degree increments.

There are 4 different Landscape Settings with 2 "L" markers at each end of the Landscape Settings. The first "L" is at what Humminbird calls 80 degrees from down, but I like to think of it as 10 degrees from horizontal. The second is 70 from down or 20 from horizontal. The third is 60 from down or 30 from horizontal. The fourth and final landscape setting is also marked with an "L" and it is 50 from down or 40 from horizontal.
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLYDoggie View Post
    Wait... I'm totally confused. Are you talking about Mega Live? The mount has "clicks" every 10 degrees and it isn't possible to have it at anything other than 10 degree increments.

There are 4 different Landscape Settings with 2 "L" markers at each end of the Landscape Settings. The first "L" is at what Humminbird calls 80 degrees from down, but I like to think of it as 10 degrees from horizontal. The second is 70 from down or 20 from horizontal. The third is 60 from down or 30 from horizontal. The fourth and final landscape setting is also marked with an "L" and it is 50 from down or 40 from horizontal.

Umm all lives have clicks.

Like I said my "mount" is infinitely adjustable with friction. I made it years ago.

All your degrees are sure confusing.

The mount is 90 degrees from the shaft when horizontal. Down 10 like your talking about would be 100 degrees.
    Last edited by Mahomee; 03-22-2024 at 01:36 PM.

8. Member

9. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar

Like I said my "mount" is infinitely adjustable with friction. I made it years ago.

The mount is 90 degrees from the shaft when horizontal. Down 10 like your talking about would be 100 degrees.
    Here is a screen capture with the Mega Live mount degrees marked from the Humminbird Mega Live manual, along with a modified version I created with the 4 Landscape Mode settings in red.

Humminbird bases all of their degree information on degrees up from the down mode... straight down. So having the Mega Live Landscape Mode horizontal would be 90 degrees up according to Humminbird. In Landscape Mode, I like to think of it as degrees down from horizontal. It just makes more sense to me.

I don't know that I can be any more plain/descriptive than this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Member
    Here is a screen capture with the Mega Live mount degrees marked from the Humminbird Mega Live manual, along with a modified version I created with the 4 Landscape Mode settings in red.

Humminbird bases all of their degree information on degrees up from the down mode... straight down. So having the Mega Live Landscape Mode horizontal would be 90 degrees up according to Humminbird. In Landscape Mode, I like to think of it as degrees down from horizontal. It just makes more sense to me.

I don't know that I can be any more plain/descriptive than this.

I dont know why your trying to describe this. I dont care what h bird labels or calls their clicks or lines.

I posted the degrees I use for the original poster.

As far as this ground hog day conversation with you, I simply answered your question about not using the clicks because my mount doesn't have any clicks like I said.

11. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    I dont know why your trying to describe this. I simply answered your question about not using the clicks because my mount doesnt have any clicks like I said.
    You said it was confusing so I was trying to explain it better... I'm done. You are welcome to have the last word.

12. Member
    You said it was confusing so I was trying to explain it better... I'm done. You are welcome to have the last word.
    haha

haha
    Post a good picture of your MEGA LIVE on the friction mount.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Post a good picture of your MEGA LIVE on the friction mount.

I already posted a picture of my GARMIN mount feel free to copy it, it will work for any of them.

I already posted a picture of my GARMIN mount feel free to copy it, it will work for any of them.
    I saw the picture in the link but could only tell there was a shaft collar used.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Member
    I saw the picture in the link but could only tell there was a shaft collar used.
    Its just two welded tabs and a alum bar stock that goes out. For whatever reason I cant choose a file off my computer on here anymore.

17. Member

I am actually more interested in the angel from the bottom. Angle from the shaft really isn’t super useful because it varies as not all trolling motor shafts are mounted at the same angle.

I can just play with it and figure it out on my own easy enough but I was just wondering if anyone had thought about it and done any specific testing with angle related to the bottom so the mount “clicks” or friction or whatever can be adjusted to account for the trolling motor angle.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    I am actually more interested in the angel from the bottom. Angle from the shaft really isn’t super useful because it varies as not all trolling motor shafts are mounted at the same angle.

I can just play with it and figure it out on my own easy enough but I was just wondering if anyone had thought about it and done any specific testing with angle related to the bottom so the mount “clicks” or friction or whatever can be adjusted to account for the trolling motor angle.

Yes I have thought about it and I haven't done any specific testing. Ive had this mount since 2020 when garmin came out with the panoramic view update. I bought a second unit to try it out.

I adjust it as needed all the time 1-2 degrees up or down usually between 97-105*. Its always on along with the forward view on my other unit.

The angle my ducer would measure from the BOTTOM or HORIZONTAL would depend on how much fuel is in my boat, whether Im fishing solo up front or with someone else. So that is a always changing #.

IF Your limited like everyone else to 1-2-3 clicks so there really isn't anything to figure out except your range for the different clicks/depths.

IMG_2024-03-23-082239.jpeg

19. Member

posted a pic for ya ^^^

I had originally had this made out of printed plastic, in fact I got 5 of them made for free for giving the specs needed to the company that made them and sold them. That plastic was very brittle and I broke those very quickly and had to go back to my alum/steel mount. I haven't broken a transducer yet and Ive def bounced it off stumps in Texas.

posted a pic for ya ^^^

I had originally had this made out of printed plastic, in fact I got 5 of them made for free for giving the specs needed to the company that made them and sold them. That plastic was very brittle and I broke those very quickly and had to go back to my alum/steel mount. I haven't broken a transducer yet and Ive def bounced it off stumps in Texas.

Thanks.

I sort of bounce off stumps also:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast