Thread: Yak battery

Yak battery

Anyone put a lithium battery in your kayak?
    If so, what size is it?
    Thx

2. Vince
    Since I don’t have a trolling motor [yet], I’m ordering a 20ah Nocqua to run my 9” fishfinder. I’ll post a link in case you’re interested in them.

http://nocqua.com/product/20ah-pro-power-kit/
    2018 Triton 179 TRX w/Mercury ProXS 115 Fourstroke Command Thrust

3. Member
    I had used a 54 aHr Dakota lithium for my Jackson E-drive. I recently went back to my Torqeedo, which has its own proprietary lithium battery, so I use that, and I keep my 54 aHr battery on board to run my 2 depthfinders, FFS transducer, and navigation lights. I previously used a 20 aHr lithium battery for my electronics and it worked fine for my Lowrance Hook 7 before I had my FFS unit mounted.

4. Member
    I have 2 in my kayak. I have an Amped Outdoors 60Ah 12v lithium battery for running my Motorguide Xi3 kayak trolling motor. I fish smaller bodies of water and use the spot lock quite a bit, but I don't run around at full speed a bunch. Even after fishing 8 hours I think the lowest I have run that battery down is to about 88-89%. I also have a 15Ah 12v lithium battery (also Amped Outdoors) that I use for my single 9" Garmin depth finder. That battery doesn't have Bluetooth so I never know how much charge it has left, but I can tell you that I have run it down to 0% one time when I was on the water for 8+ hours. If I had to do it over again, I'd probably get a 20Ah or 30Ah battery instead just so I know I won't run out of juice for the depth finder. I've been very happy with my Amped Outdoors batteries and I feel like they are very competitively priced.