Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Asking for a friend- seriously!

What does it take to get put on a heart transplant list?
    Tired of my friends dying under age 60.
    Its a hereditary condition.
    Non smoker and not over weight.
    Thx

2. Member
    I can't answer your question but I'll send these up for your friend.
    Hi Mike.

3. Member
    ^^^ditto

4. Member
    ^^^ditto

" Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

6. Member
    You'd think your friend's doctor would be able to help with that
    Some people are so judgemental. You can tell just by looking at 'em.--Some random meme

I'd be making this inquiry at St Francis in Indy since they're known for their heart and vascular expertise.

8. Member
    A doctors request or recommendation would be my guess.

9. Member
    Have him find his way over to Cleveland Clinic. That place is amazing!
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

10. Member
    Prayers! We've know a few who managed transplant lists, mostly for kidneys but you wouldn't believe the stories and red tape. Now there is some kind of National list where donor organs have to be sent all over the country or something like that she said, pretty sure it was regional. She retired.
    If professionals who's careers depend on catching fish use FFS then that's what I'm using. Might be too simple of a philosophy but makes sense to me.

11. Member
    For your friend.

12. Member
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

13. Member

14. Member
    My brother in law just had a heart transplant Saturday morning around 4am. When he went into the hospital about a week and a half ago, his heart function was down to 4%. They put him on an exterior heart pump and he was put as #1 on the list due to the heart pump keeping him alive. It took about a week and a heart was found. They let my sister know around 4:30pm on Friday that they would be doing the surgery the next morning at 4am.

My understanding is, by being in the hospital that put him high on the list and then when they "disconnected" his heart and the heart pump is what was keeping him alive that put him to #1 on the list

This was all done at St. Thomas in Nashville TN. This hospital does several transplants a month

Prayers for your friend

15. Member
    I am amazed that you would ask that question..Really--My first step would start with HIS doctor---Not a BASS website---My second action would be follow through -if you really care talk with his heart doctor.---I have an employee that had a heart transplant--I promise you --He never asked for advice on a fishing sight.Still shacking me head at this question--It is a LONG process--Please understand--I had the privilege of meeting his heart trans plant team--17 Members of recovery team--I guess I do not understand why you would ask the question..

16. Member

17. Member
    As someone stated, " this NOT the place for such advice "!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRANDPAOF7 View Post
    I am amazed that you would ask that question..Really--My first step would start with HIS doctor---Not a BASS website---My second action would be follow through -if you really care talk with his heart doctor.---I have an employee that had a heart transplant--I promise you --He never asked for advice on a fishing sight.Still shacking me head at this question--It is a LONG process--Please understand--I had the privilege of meeting his heart trans plant team--17 Members of recovery team--I guess I do not understand why you would ask the question..
    Do you know if rude150 didn't talk with the friends doctor before asking here? Sounds like a desperate friend trying to do what he can to help save his friends life any way he can and I applaud him for making the effort. A question asked here on the BBC doesn't mean this is the only place the OP has checked although it might just be the first place he checked. Lot's of knowledge here
    Hi Mike.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericm View Post
    Have him find his way over to Cleveland Clinic. That place is amazing!
    DITTO

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GRANDPAOF7 View Post
    The man is venting, give him all the slack he requires.
    Seriously, the Cleveland Clinic would be my first phone call.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast