Fish Obsessed Mounts

Been using Livescope about 2.5 years now. Started with a pole mount, now using a regular Garmin 0° mount, as well as a Garmin perspective mount. Now that it's the "off-season (read that as 'not fishing AS much')", I'm making some changes to the boat. Have been looking at the FO mounts, even though they're out of stock EVERYWHERE. What's the draw with these mounts? I've yet to be dissatisfied with the Garmin mounts, but that whole curiosity killed the cat thing...

2. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    I'm using Lowrance, so for Active Target the mount is prone to the knobs working loose and it isn't easy to adjust for different views. The FO Mount solves these problems.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    I'm using Lowrance, so for Active Target the mount is prone to the knobs working loose and it isn't easy to adjust for different views. The FO Mount solves these problems.
    No experience with Lowrance, but I know with Garmin, the only adjustments I find myself wanting to make are just a click up on sunny days when the water is muddy and the crappie are loafing just barely subsurface. I've got mine tightened just to the point it doesn't vibrate loose, but I can still click it up or down if I need to.

I'm not downplaying the mount at all, just trying to find out what actual real-world advantages it provides.

I just got one from a fellow bbcboards member and at first glance, it is a lot more solid than the standard garmin mount. I haven't mounted it yet. I have a buddy with Active Target (Lowrance) that uses this mount and I remember it being very solid and it was a lot easier for me to line up casts, likely due to the 0 degree mount.

I currently have the standard garmin mounted on the trolling motor shaft with the 8 degree tilt. I sometimes struggle finding the bait at the end of casts so I was looking to get a zero degree mount with some offset to clear the trolling motor cone.

5. Member
    Very pleased with my FO mount. I have used both Garmin and Lowrance FFS and this is the easiest mount that is also sturdy to switch between forward and scout/perspective.

6. Member
    My only concern with them being "stout" is them potentially not being the weak point in timber/stumps/some other dumb accident that the transducer takes a hit on. I feel like thats one advantage to the stock Garmin mounts, them being flemsy and taking a hit, and stripping/breaking before the transducer.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerAC View Post
    Very pleased with my FO mount. I have used both Garmin and Lowrance FFS and this is the easiest mount that is also sturdy to switch between forward and scout/perspective.
    I've got dedicated units and transducers for each of those purposes, so it's not much of an issue. I like the looks of them but just not sure if there's truly have a need or advantage...if that makes sense.

8. Member
    I have two of them. I find that I am also having to run my forward one click up after lunch in muddy water with the sun. Works great in shallow water til after lunch. Very strange.
    Best thing about the perspective one is that you can click down and run it in deeper water.

Fo mount.JPG

9. Member
    I just want one lol. Cant find them anywhere

Dave has a good product that works well.

11. Member
    I live in newton and have a brand new garmin lvs34 mount from fishing obsessed they are sold out now i will take 100.00 for i just decided on active target instead call 828 639 4484 my name is greg

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gdrau View Post
    I live in newton and have a brand new garmin lvs34 mount from fishing obsessed they are sold out now i will take 100.00 for i just decided on active target instead call 828 639 4484 my name is greg
    Good talking with you earlier Greg. Thanks